Can we just agree there’s nothing more delicious than a good kabob? It’s the perfect way of adding a lot of veggies to a meal, it’s delicious and super easy to cook (those two things are a must for me!), and it goes great with almost any side. Lately, I found myself making these Pesto Chicken Kabobs every other weeknight, that’s how good they are.
To be completely honest with you, this recipe is easy, like way beyond easy. You don’t need a lot of things, a lot of ingredients, or to follow a lot of crazy steps. You can also customize them to what you already have on hand or the things that you like.
The only things you need to keep are the basics: Chicken, pesto, and tomatoes. For the pesto, you can either use store-bought one (I have found a couple of great deals on bottled pesto at my local supermarket) or make your own (basil + salt + garlic + olive oil) both options are just as delicious.
The rest of the things? Completely customizable, you can add some mozzarella cheese, or bell peppers, you can add broccoli or mushrooms, this is one of those recipes that’s incredibly good to make on those days when your pantry seems empty.
The process to cook these Pesto Chicken Kabobs is as easy as it sounds. Cut the chicken, marinate it with the pesto for a bit (anything from 30 minutes to 8 hours) and then just thread the skewers alternating the chicken, tomato and bell peppers (that’s what I chose). Once you have your skewers done just grill them 5 minutes per side and you are done.
I like to serve them with a big side of steamed broccoli made with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and that’s it. Easy, comforting, delicious and packed with flavor.
Pesto Chicken KabobsPrint
Can we just agree there’s nothing more delicious than a good kabob? Pesto Chicken Kabobs are delicious and super easy to cook.
- 2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 Cup prepared pesto
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- 3 Green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup broccoli
- In a bowl place the chicken, and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Pour the prepared pesto over the chicken.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the skewers alternating the chicken, tomatoes, and green bell pepper.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil, and place on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Serve, side with some broccoli and enjoy.