Pink Velvet Valentine Heart Cake is a candy heart decorated heart-shaped cake that is the ultimate Valentine’s Day dessert. A layered cake that is topped with sprinkles, candy hearts, and Hershey Hugs!
Pink velvet is a fun twist to the red velvet dessert. Here are a few more Valentine’s Day creations to make up for your loved ones. Check out my heart-shaped soft pretzels, I love you because printable, or even these party printables for Valentine’s Day.
Pink Velvet Valentine Heart Cake
Colorful, fun, and creative is what I love about this Valentine’s heart cake. You will shape your cake into hearts, and then frost and serve up one tasty creation.
Best Food Coloring To Use
I personally prefer to use the Wilton Gel Food Coloring. It really allows you to go as light or vibrant as you want, without adding flavor to your cake mix.
Plus a little gel food coloring goes a long way. So these little tubs will last quite a long time.
What Size Pan To Use For Valentine’s Day Layered Cake
Shaping the round cake pan is easy. Just start at the top of a cake and work down shaping it like you were cutting a heart shape out of paper. Discard the cake mix, and you can even save it and use it to make a cake bite to nibble on!
Tips For Frosting and Decorating Heart Cake
- You can use homemade frosting or purchase a white store-bought frosting.
- To pipe, you can use Wilton tips with a bag or even cut a Ziploc bag to pipe the frosting on the top.
- If you don’t want to pipe your frosting you can just spread it onto the cake as well. All the toppings are forgiving on the texture of the frosting.
Topping Ideas For Valentine’s Day Cake
You can store your cake in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You will find that depending on the frosting you use, it might need to be stored in the fridge. If you use a buttercream or cream cheese frosting it needs to be refrigerated.
Otherwise, you can store the cake on the counter at room temperature.
You can also freeze your pink velvet cake if you don’t eat it all right away. It will store for 2-3 months in the freezer when it is stored in the proper container.
- White Cake Mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Pink gel food coloring
- Whipped vanilla frosting (store-bought or homemade)
- Valentine's day candy (we used Hershey hugs, M&Ms and conversation hearts), and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan), Mix all ingredients together in medium mixing bowl on low for 30 seconds.
- Mix on medium for 2 minutes. Grease and flour 2 9 inch round cake pans. Divide batter between pans and bake for 25 minutes, or until cake begins to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Remove and let cool completely. Remove cakes from pans and cut each into a heart shape with a long knife, layering one on top of the other and piping vanilla frosting in between the layers.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of the cake and decorate with leftover candy and sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g