A quick and easy pool noodle activity! This pool noodle airplane craft is so simple to make and can provide hours of fun for your kids. Best of all you only need a few supplies and it doesn’t cost much to make!
If you live near a Dollar Tree or Dollar Store head in and snag pool noodles for a dollar or two! Then it really makes this a very cheap activity for kids this summer.
Want more easy activities for kids? Mini golf using pool noodles,or outdoor sensory bin ideas, or make firefly glow jars! There are tons of fun kid activities you might want to do. Or check out 50 easy kid crafts you don’t want to miss out on.
Pool Noodle Plane
If you are like me I am always looking for quick and easy activities for kids to do outdoors. It is so simple to make, and can be done in minutes.
What Do You Need For Pool Noodle Plane
Making Pool Noodle Airplane
Start by cutting down your pool noodle to around 1 foot long! You can do it longer if you would like!
Simply cut around a 5-inch slit about 1 inch from the nose of your airplane. Then cut 2.5-inch slit lengthwise around an inch from the back. and then a 2 in slit through the sides of pool noodle around an inch from the back.
Airplane Birthday Party Activity
- Craft Foam Sheet
- Pool Noodle
- Cut a 5 inch slit about 1 inch from the nose of the plane. Cut a 2.5 inch slit lengthwise about 1 inch from the back. Cut a 2 inch slit through the sides of the pool noodle about 1 inch from the back.
- Cut a foam sheet into a rectangle which measures 7 inches x 2 inches. Insert the rectangle through the side slit in the back of the pool noodle. Trim the rectangle in the desired shape. Get creative and see which flies best! (Or you can leave it a rectangle.)
- Cut another rectangle of foam about 2.5 inches x 4 inches and insert it in the top slit at the tail of the pool noodle airplane. Cut it into a rudder shape if desired, or leave it a rectangle.
- Cut another piece of foam about one foot by 5 inches wide. Insert it into the front slit of the airplane to make the wings. Cut the wings into the desired shape. You can make them pointy or have rectangular ends. My kids liked to experiment and see which flew the best!
- Now fly your airpane! It works best on a windy day!