A delicious and moist pumpkin muffin recipe filled to the mix with chocolate chips! A fall winner!
I am a huge fan of pumpkin muffins in the fall, especially when they are filled with chocolate chips. Chocolate and pumpkin go really well together, I think. Don’t you?
I really cannot believe fall is almost here. The summer went by way too quickly. What are some of your favorite things you enjoyed this summer with your family?
What are some of your favorite treats to enjoy during the fall season? I am a huge fan of pumpkin and apple. They both have great flavors that can be used on anything. Pumpkin and apple are great in sweet and savory recipes. Yum!
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are really easy to put together and they do not require using a handheld or a stand-mixer. You will be good to go with just a plastic spatula, a mixing bowl, and a muffin tin. If you choose to line your muffin tin with liners, then you will need those too.
If you do not have any, just spray non-stick cooking spray all-around your muffin tin and you are good to go. They are really easy to remove as well.
The best part about these muffins, besides the moistness and flavor, they are freezer friendly. I made a big batch and froze the other half in a ziplock bag. When you want to enjoy them, you will just need to remove them from the freezer and microwave them for a minute or two.
They are delicious, especially with butter.Print
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, oil and pumpkin puree in a mixing bowl using a plastic spatula. Slowly mix in the flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar. Fold in the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for 17 minutes. Allow muffins to completely cool.
- Stores in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.