This Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Recipe is perfect for Fall parties or Thanksgiving!
Fall is here and it’s time for all things Pumpkin and Spice! I love fun dessert recipes that you can serve at Holiday Parties to impress your guests! This is an easy way to get your crowd talking! If you don’t have the mini bundt cake pan for this, check out this set on Amazon!
I think this is the cutest pumpkin bundt cake! If you love pumpkin desserts, be sure to give this one a taste test!
You can find all the ingredients you need to purchase for this cake and the detailed directions in the following printable recipe.
- 3/4 Cup shortening
- 1 1/3 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 3 Cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
Maple Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp margarine soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 Cups powder sugar
Royal Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Tan & green gel food coloring
- Nordic Ware 3D Great Pumpkin Pan
- Lower middle rack in the oven and Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla and buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Begin adding the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk blend until incorporated.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop fill both sides of the greased bundt pans with 2 1/2 Cups of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes while still in the pans. If the cake is over the top of the pan, cut the cake even with the top of the pan after it has cooled.
- Turn the cake pans upside down onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Maple Frosting Directions:
- Combine the maple syrup, margarine, vanilla, maple extract, and salt into a mixing bowl beating with an electric mixer until combined.
- Gradually add 1/2 Cup of powdered sugar at a time blending after each addition. Do not overbeat.
- Test to see if the frosting can make and hold a peak.
- Take a spoonful and turn it upside down. If the frosting sticks to the spoon the frosting is ready. If not, add more powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Once the frosting can hold a stiff peak scoop it into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag and squeeze the frosting to the tip.
Royal Icing Directions:
- Combine all ingredients except the food coloring in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powdered sugar.
- Divide the icing equally into 2 bowls.
- Add several drops of tan gel food coloring in one bowl and several drops of green food coloring into the second bowl. Stir well to mix the color.
- Spoon each of the icings into individual frosting bags with #5 tops.
- Twist the open ends of each of the pastry bags to push the icing to the tips.
Pumpkin Cake Completion Directions:
- Use the maple frosting as a glue to connect the two pumpkin pieces together.
- Using a butter knife spread either a thin amount of frosting for the glue or a thicker amount of frosting for the glue and have a thin amount squeeze out of the middle of the cake.
- Using the tan icing, outline then fill in stem on top of the cake.
- Using the green icing, outline then fill in the leaf on top of the cake.
- Add more vines on the upper sides of the cakes with the green icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 717Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 133gFiber: 1gSugar: 108gProtein: 7g
Don’t forget to pick up this 3D Pumpkin Bundt Cake Pan at Amazon to make your Pumpkin Spice Cakes! Receive Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, or Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more!
Disclosure: Amazon pricing is subject to change at any time. Please make sure you check the current price on Amazon.com before purchasing.