This Rainbow Trash Recipe is a perfect mix of sweet and salty in every bite. Raid your pantry for all the ingredients needed in this colorful candy trash recipe.
If you have never heard of trash candy you are missing out. This trash snack mix is so easy to make and the perfect rainbow colored snack mix. Great for St. Patrick’s Day, birthday parties, and so much more.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Rainbow Trash Recipe
Rainbow trash is a fun white trash recipe with a twist. This snack mix allows you to go to your pantry, raid it and then whip up a tasty snack. You can replace some of the items with something similar in flavor. This recipe is very flexible.
What Is In This Easy Rainbow Trash Recipe
- Salted Peanuts
- Candy Melts (rainbow colors)
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Make Different Colored Layers in This White Trash Recipe
You start out by making your base in the white chocolate. Then you will visually work in sections to create each layer of color. And it is okay if the colors overlap a little bit.
I find that when the colors overlap it offers a really pretty design when you make it into a rainbow shape with the mini marshmallows at the ends.
You just drizzle the colors on with a piping bag or even a sandwich bag with the tip cut out.
Can You Color White Chocolate With Food Coloring
You will find that it is really hard to color white chocolate. It can cause the chocolate to seize up when you add in food coloring. I find it best to buy colored candy melts that you just heat up.
You can get the exact color you are going for, with a creamy and perfect chocolate every time. If you try adding gel do very little, and go that route.
How To Store Rainbow Snack Mix
You can store this rainbow snack mix on the counter at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. Make sure you have it in a sealable bag or airtight container. If you don’t you will find it will go stale really fast.
Can You Freeze Leftover White Trash Recipe
You can freeze this. Simply place it in an airtight bag and store it in a container in the freezer for up to three months. Then just thaw on the counter until it thaws.
Rainbow Trash Recipe
Rainbow Trash Recipe is an easy no-bake snack mix that is like the classic white trash recipe but with a splash of color.
- 3 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 Cups Small Pretzel Sticks
- 2 Cup Salted Peanuts
- 2 Cups M&Ms, separated by color
- 1 cup Red Candy Melts
- 1 cup Orange Candy Melts
- 1 cup Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 cup Green Candy Melts
- 1 cup Blue Candy Melts
- 5 disposable pastry bags
- Rainbow Sprinkles (if desired)
- Mini Marshmallows (If desired)
- Mix Corn Chex, pretzel sticks and peanuts together in a large bowl.
- Melt the vanilla almond bark in the microwave and pour it over the
- Gently mix everything together, taking care to not break the cereal and pretzels, if you can.
- Spread mixture on wax paper. Sprinkle on M&M’s in equal 1/5th sections by
- Melt red candy melts in disposable pastry bags and drizzle on
a 1/5th section of the mix which has red M&M’s sprinkled on it.
- Do the same thing for the next four colors of candy melts. Let it harden and then break it into pieces.
- Arrange in a rainbow shape on a tray, if desired. Add marshmallows for the clouds at both ends of the rainbow, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 3gSugar: 53gProtein: 8g
As you can see this recipe is so simple to make. Whip this up for the perfect dessert that requires no baking.