Shamrock brownies are a simple and easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert. Grab a boxed brownie mix, candy melts and let’s make the tastiest St. Patrick Day brownies.
My kids love fun shaped snacks and these shamrock brownies are a huge hit. Add some clover sprinkles and you have the ultimate brownie treat.
Now I used a box mix to make these brownies. But if you are a fan of homemade brownies go right ahead! I used a Shamrock Cookie Cutter I picked up from Amazon.
It worked great and they were the perfect size brownies to serve up the family. These are also a fun treat for school parties, gifting to co-workers or neighbors, and more.
What Chocolate To Use To Drizzle Over Brownies
Candy melts are what I reached for. You will find that you can’t color white chocolate chips, so buying candy melts is important. I picked up some darker green candy melts like these.
Now you are welcome to use yellow and green for a gold and yellow take, or add in green and white. Get creative and choose whatever you want.
Can You Doctor Up Boxed Brownie Mix
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract into batter
- Add in chocolate chunks
- Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc can be mixed in
- Frost or drizzle with chocolate like we did here
- Mix in nuts like pecans, walnuts, etc
- Chop up candy bars or cookies
As you can see the sky are endless on how to dress up your brownies. I went with a classic brownie as I wanted to make sure that the brownies were smooth and would cut easily with the cookie cutter.
Can I Make These St. Patrick’s Day Brownies Without Cookie Cutter
Of course. Feel free to drizzle on the chocolate and sprinkles even without slicing into a shamrock shape. You can still get a festive feel without the shamrock cookie cutter.
Best Way To Drizzle Chocolate Onto Shamrock Brownies
- Use a spoon and drizzle over the top of the brownies going back and forth.
- Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag or sealable bag. Cut the tip off and use that to drizzle.
- Reach for a condiment bottle and pour melted chocolate in it.
- Box of brownie (and ingredients on box)
- Green Candy Melts
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Start by baking your brownies according to the package. Mix up the brownies as directed on the box. Mine took around 22 minutes to cook.
- Let brownies cool and then remove brownies from the pan.
- Place your shamrock shaped brownies on parchment paper.
- Melt green candy melts and drizzle over each brownie, and top with shamrock sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
How To Store Brownies
You will want to store your brownies in an airtight container. They will stay good on the counter for around 5-7 days. Then if you don’t plan to eat them all right away, feel free to toss leftovers in the freezer. They will last up to three months in the freezer.