Shamrock brownies are a simple and easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert. Grab a boxed brownie mix, candy melts and let’s make the tastiest St. Patrick Day brownies.
My kids love fun shaped snacks and these shamrock brownies are a huge hit. Add some clover sprinkles and you have the ultimate brownie treat.
Now I used a box mix to make these brownies. But if you are a fan of homemade brownies go right ahead! I used a Shamrock Cookie Cutter I picked up from Amazon.
It worked great and they were the perfect size brownies to serve up the family. These are also a fun treat for school parties, gifting to co-workers or neighbors, and more.
What Chocolate To Use To Drizzle Over Brownies
Candy melts are what I reached for. You will find that you can’t color white chocolate chips, so buying candy melts is important. I picked up some darker green candy melts like these.
Now you are welcome to use yellow and green for a gold and yellow take, or add in green and white. Get creative and choose whatever you want.
Can You Doctor Up Boxed Brownie Mix
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract into batter
- Add in chocolate chunks
- Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc can be mixed in
- Frost or drizzle with chocolate like we did here
- Mix in nuts like pecans, walnuts, etc
- Chop up candy bars or cookies
As you can see the sky are endless on how to dress up your brownies. I went with a classic brownie as I wanted to make sure that the brownies were smooth and would cut easily with the cookie cutter.
Can I Make These St. Patrick’s Day Brownies Without Cookie Cutter
Of course. Feel free to drizzle on the chocolate and sprinkles even without slicing into a shamrock shape. You can still get a festive feel without the shamrock cookie cutter.
Best Way To Drizzle Chocolate Onto Shamrock Brownies
- Use a spoon and drizzle over the top of the brownies going back and forth.
- Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag or sealable bag. Cut the tip off and use that to drizzle.
- Reach for a condiment bottle and pour melted chocolate in it.
Shamrock Brownies for St. Patrick's Day
Shamrock brownies are the easiest St. Patrick's Day dessert to make. These are fudgy based brownies drizzled in green chocolate and topped with sprinkles.
- Box of brownie (and ingredients on box)
- Green Candy Melts
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Start by baking your brownies according to the package. Mix up the brownies as directed on the box. Mine took around 22 minutes to cook.
- Let brownies cool and then remove brownies from the pan.
- Place your shamrock shaped brownies on parchment paper.
- Melt green candy melts and drizzle over each brownie, and top with shamrock sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
How To Store Brownies
You will want to store your brownies in an airtight container. They will stay good on the counter for around 5-7 days. Then if you don’t plan to eat them all right away, feel free to toss leftovers in the freezer. They will last up to three months in the freezer.