5 ingredients are all it takes to make a sippable and delicious Shamrock whipped hot chocolate. If you love the McDonalds Shamrock shake, you will enjoy this minty shamrock hot chocolate. A 5-minute drink!
We love the whipped coffees and hot chocolates. If you are searching for a fun family-friendly drink recipe, here are even more whipped drinks to serve up. Easy whipped red velvet hot chocolate, Dalgona peppermint mocha, or try my Nutella whipped hot chocolate.
Shamrock Whipped Hot Chocolate
Whether you are trying to save money staying at home and skipping the coffee shop or looking for a festive St. Patty’s day drink. This creamy and delicious minty whipped hot chocolate wins.
Why You Will Love This Whipped Hot Chocolate
- 5-minute drink
- Simple ingredients
- Festive for St. Patrick’s Day
- You control ingredients used
- Can be made into a dairy-free drink
Where To Get Lucky Charm Marshmallows
You can buy a bag of Lucky charms and pick out a few to top your drink with. Or you can find stores that carry bags of the dehydrated Lucky charm marshmallows. I have also purchased them online.
They are a fun topping to the drink, but you don’t have to use them if you don’t have any on hand.
Is It Hard Making A Whipped Topping For Hot Chocolate
It is so easy to make. Now if you have a stand or hand mixer it will speed up the process. But, if you don’t have one whip up with a whisk. It just takes a bit more mixing but you still get that fluffy delicious topping that gives your drink that smooth and creamy texture.
Do You Serve This Hot Or Cold
Serve up your drink cold or hot! You can add ice and make an iced hot chocolate drink, or heat the milk to make it warm. Or if you want a boost of caffeine swap it for coffee or a cappuccino mix. Either route, this drink is so crave-worthy and good.
If you don’t use up all the whip right away, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to a day or two. It will need a little mixing right before you top drinks.
Don’t add on the marshmallows till serving, or they will sog up.
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate
- Green gel food coloring, amount determined by preference
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together heavy whipping cream, peppermint extract, and a small amount of gel food coloring.
- This should take about three minutes, depending on how hard you whisk! Heat milk in the microwave for two minutes and add Coffeemate.
- It's an easy way to create a peppermint hot cocoa and tastes amazing!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 10g