Whip up a batch of these skinny white chicken enchiladas for dinner. Slice and serve up these white chicken enchiladas. Sour cream, green chilis, seasoned shredded chicken, and more. A dinner or lunch the whole family can enjoy.
Skinny White Chicken Enchiladas
What Do I Need To Make These Enchiladas
- Shredded chicken breast
- Chili powder
- Salsa (no sugar added if preferred)
- Chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Diced green chilis
- Black pepper
- Low-carb tortillas
How To Make Skinny Enchiladas
Season your shredded chicken with your spices. Once your chicken is mixed up, you will place some chicken in the center of a low carb tortilla.
Roll up your tortillas and place the crease side down in a baking dish. Now in a pan, you are going to melt butter and mix in the flour. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
Now add in your chicken broth slowly, and cook for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce. Add in the cheese, green chilis, and spices along with sour cream. Pour sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake as directed.
Once close to done, broil to get it nice and golden brown on top. Then top with your favorite toppings, and dive in! These are so delicious.
What To Serve With Enchiladas
You can ultimately serve this plain or even pair with Mexican cauliflower rice for a low carb side dish. Or do a green salad as the side, or eat it plain with nothing on the side.
You could also do a simple pico de gallo on the side for something light. Or if you are not looking for a low carb do refried beans or even classic Mexican rice.
Storing And Meal Prep
Store your leftover enchiladas in the fridge for 2-3 days. Always use your best judgment when reheating. You can warm these up in the microwave, cover, and place them in a dish, and heat them in the oven.
For meal prepping these enchiladas do reheat really well. You can store in single-serve containers, and reheat. Or freeze for a meal later down the line. Freezing will soften them a bit but they will stay tasty and offer great texture.
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup salsa (no sugar added, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons flour2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 oz can diced green chilis
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoonsalt
- 8 low-carb tortillas
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine shredded chicken with ½
tsp cumin and chili powder.
- Mix well and stuff and roll tortillas with chicken mixture. Place in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole baking dish and set aside while you make the sauce. In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat and sprinkle in flour gradually.
- Cook for one minute while stirring constantly. Slowly pour in chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, slowly stirring in between additions.
- Keep stirring every couple minutes as it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cumin, 1 cup cheese, green chilis, salt, pepper, and sour
cream. Pour white sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle on the remaining ½ cup of
- Bake for 30 minutes. Broil for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over enchiladas and serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 552mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g