Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup is hearty, savory, and the perfect way to warm up on a cold chilly day. This vegetable soup is a vegetarian soup recipe that is anything but bland. Whip this up in your slow cooker and enjoy!
I love a good slow cooker soup, they are so easy and practically cook themselves. Loads of hearty vegetables to add flavor, nutrients, and a great way to prep for lunches or a tasty weeknight meal.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
This vegetable soup recipe for the slow cooker is rather easy to make. You can speed up the process even more if you don’t prep your veggies yourself and buy pre-cut ones. I personally take the time to chop, since it only takes a little bit of time, and is a great way to save a bit more money.
If you like vegetable soup you might enjoy these soups as well
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup | If you love tortellini pasta, you got to try this soup. Creamy, savory, and downright addictive.
- Crock Pot Hash Brown Soup | A great easy prep potato soup recipe that can be thrown together in minutes. Then let it slow simmer all day for one tasty hash brown soup.
- Copycat Garden Minestrone Soup | Love Olive Garden? Here is a copycat recipe that gives you those same incredible flavors in one hearty soup.
What Vegetables Are In Vegetable Soup
The beauty of vegetable soup you can easily adjust to your liking. Here are the veggies I added into my soup, but feel free to tweak if you want to change things up!
- Northern Beans
How Long Do You Cook Vegetable Soup In Slow Cooker
You can cook your vegetable soup in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, or low for 6-7. I tend to do the low setting on days where I make sure to have time in the morning to prep. But if I start it after lunch I do the high setting.
Is Vegetable Soup Healthy
This vegetable soup recipe is pretty healthy. You use vegetable stock for the base of the soup, and then it has loads of vegetables and beans for protein. A great light soup to whip up and get filled up on.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 3 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 3 Carrots, Sliced
- 3 Celery Stalks, Diced
- ¾ bag potatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Heat butter in saucepan and add your garlic and stir on low until it is transclucent.
- Then add garlic to crock pot along with all other ingredients except the spinach, and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Once you have only 30 minute cook time left add in the spinach and allow it to cook, then serve.
Serve with garlic bread or crackers, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 674mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
What to Serve With Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- Garlic Bread
- Chopped Salad or Garden Salad
How To Store Leftover Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
You can allow the soup to cool down and then store it in the fridge in an airtight container. Then store in the fridge for 3-5 days. I have placed this soup in single-serve containers and used that to meal prep for lunches for myself and family.
Can You Freeze This Crockpot Veggie Soup
You can freeze this crockpot veggie soup. This vegetable soup is a broth base so it will freeze rather well. The only thing is the vegetables will be more tender, so just take note in that.
To freeze the soup place in an airtight container or a freezer bag. Then store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to reheat it.