Tie Dye Soap Foam is a must-make for kid activities. All you need is a little soap and food coloring to make this sensory play activity. Kids of all ages will love this soap foam.
Now, it can get a little messy, so I recommend playing outdoors or in the bathtub. That way you don’t run the risk of getting the food coloring on anything.
Soap foam literally takes minutes to make and can give your kid hours of fun. My kids loved playing with this light and fluffy foam. Here is one amazing activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and young kids. There is no age limit for fun.
What Is The Best Soap To Use For Soap Foam
So, I have only used Dawn Dish Soap. I am not sure if other brands will work the same. If you want to try you are welcome to. But, I can’t say it will work or not.
What Do You Need To Make Foam Soap
- 4 TBSP Dawn
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 8-10 drops food coloring
- Stand up mixer or hand mixer
- Combine water and food coloring in mixing bowl. Add Dawn soap. (I have not tried it with other brands of dishwashing soap, but I know Dawn works!)
- I used a stand-up KitchenAid mixer and it was the perfect size for this recipe. You can use any mixer, though!
- Mix at the highest speed for two minutes or until the foam forms peaks.
- To get enough foam as you see in the pictures, I made two batches each of four colors, so eight batches total. I was surprised at how long this foam lasts!
The longer it's played with, the more water sinks to the bottom. When
you pick up the plastic container when your kids are finished playing, know
that there will be a lot of colored water in the bottom! That is why we played
with this outside! It could get messy or dye your carpet or furnishings inside
Interested In More Activities For Kids
- Home Nail Salon | Here is a fun activity for kids to do. All you do is draw on hands, and let them paint and have a blast painting nails for a fun indoor activity.
- Chalk Popsicles | Here is a great outdoor activity for kids this summer or spring. A fun way to get creative and play on the sidewalk.
- Cloud Dough | Here is a fun cloud dough activity that is tie-dye as well! It is a fantastic activity for kids that they can have a blast of fun.