Have you been thinking of how to earn extra money while your kids are at school? Being a Stay at Home Mom is awesome but there is a sacrifice when it comes to financial income. If you have been wondering how stay at home moms can earn extra money while the kids are in school, I am here to help! Maybe it would help to save up for a vacation or just good to have some extra spending money for Target! I have found 7 brilliant ways for stay at home moms to earn extra money while your kids are at school!
Earn Extra Money while your Kids are at School!
Stay at Home moms, what is one of the most important things about earning extra money while the kids are at school? You need flexibility! We want to earn extra money but we need to be able to still make the school field trip or pick up a sick child from school. You really cannot put a price on flexibility! I will share jobs that will allow you to still have your flexibility and earn money!
Get Paid to Grocery Shop With Shipt
Have you ever used Shipt? I know people that use them all the time for grocery delivery! Shipt is a membership-based grocery marketplace, enabling the delivery of fresh foods and household essentials. You would go to the grocery store, shop with their grocery list, then deliver it to their home. And get paid to do it! If you love the idea of grocery shopping and delivering them, here are the details you need to know!
How to get paid to go Grocery Shopping
- To get started you will apply and interview, get approved and download the app.
- There is the potential to earn up to $22/hr!
- Shipt send you the grocery list
- You shop and then deliver them to their house!
- Click here to get started with Shipt!
Stay at Home Moms Can Earn Money Working For Instacart and Have Options
Instacart also delivers groceries. They are also a service that offers customers the opportunity to have groceries delivered to their door. But Instacart has options for you!
You will have two options with Instacart.
- You can become a Full-Service Shopper
- Receives orders through an app on your smartphone, then shop and deliver groceries to the customer’s door!
- You will be an independent contractor and you can choose the hours that work best for your schedule.
- This position does require access to a car because you will shop and deliver orders.
Become an In-Store Shopper if you don’t have a car
- You can become an In-Store Shopper and shop for orders within a store.
- This does not require a car and you will still have a flexible schedule.
- You will simply shop for people’s orders as they come in!
I really like that Instacart has two options for employees. Some may really like the idea of shopping and delivering. Others may not feel comfortable delivering but would love to shop! Either way, this is a great way to make some extra money! Get started today!
Get Paid to Deliver Food with Postmates
Would you be willing to work for Postmates? They are a food delivery service that will allow you flexible hours in your quest to earn extra cash! What I love about Postmates is you can plan it around lunch and make some extra cash!
How to become a Postmates Driver
I put together a quick list of how to become a Postmates driver. The process is really simple and it I love the flexibility it offers!
- You will need to live in a market they serve, own your own car, bike, scooter or motorcycle.
- Have to be 18 or older and own an iPhone.
- You will need to sign up and pass a background check then attend an orientation.
- Then you can set your own hours and keep 80% of the delivery fees (those fees start at $5 and go up) along with tips!
- Postmates is a great part-time job that would be perfect for a stay at home mom!
What I like about Postmates is flexibility and there is the potential to make money! Although, it does depend on where you live. If you are in a more populated area then you have more delivery opportunities and more chances to make money!
Be Your Own Boss With DoorDash
Ready to be your own boss and host a staff meeting with just you? Set your own hours and make extra money with DoorDash! They are a food delivery service that charges the consumer a fee to have their favorite food delivered!
The Pros of Working With DoorDash
There are a lot of benefits of working with DoorDash especially if you want the flexibility to set your own hours and be your own boss! Here are just a few of my favorites!
- You will earn money by keeping at least a $6 fee for each delivery and any tips that you make!
- Again, I see this as perfect for the stay at home mom that can give 2-3 hours around lunchtime to make deliveries!
- There is potential to make $400-$500 a month working 2-3 hours a day during the week!
- You can earn more if you are in a busier market or have more time and flexibility!
- If you are interested in delivering for DoorDash you can sign up here!
Deliver Food, Not People, with Uber Eats
Uber Eats is similar to giving rides through Uber but you are delivering food instead of people. The good part is you do not have to handle cash, everything is done through the app! You will pick up someone’s Chik-fil-A order and deliver it to them!
Ready for 5-star Ratings Delivering with Uber Eats?
Of all the services I’ve mentioned so far Uber has the most extensive list of requirements to become a driver. Here’s a quick summary of what you need to know if you want to become an Uber Eats Driver!
- You will have flexible hours and can start delivering whenever you want.
- Uber Eats lets you earn when you want to and make your own schedule
- There are some requirements so you will have to sign up to deliver with Uber Eats!
- You must be at least 19 years old.
- You must have a two- or four-door car made after 1998.
- You must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- You must show proof of vehicle registration and insurance.
- You must have at least one year of driving experience in the United States, or three years if you are under age 23.
Are you Good at Asking Questions? A Census Jobs Could Be The Perfect Job!
The government will be taking a census in 2020 and that requires them to hire a bunch of temporary jobs! This one will require you to work some weekends but they also boast flexibility for workers! This would be a great temporary job that would help you earn some good money. They actually will show you on their website the hourly rate they pay in your county (mine is $23/hr). If you want to earn some money to go on vacation this might be your best option! Definitely worth your time to apply for a Census Job!
Work From Home In Your Jammies as a Virtual Assistant
I know several people that are using Virtual Assistants and they love having them! Stay at Home mom can become a Virtual Assistant and have the flexibility to choose your hours! There are companies like Upwork where you can become a Virtual Assistant.
Do you have strong administrative skills?
Becoming a Virtual Assistant isn’t for everyone here are a few things you’ll need to know and be able to handle if you want to jump into this world!
- Handle the administrative duties for a wide variety of professionals.
- This one will require you to have some administrative and possibly bookkeeping skills, but definitely worth looking into!
- Everything is done virtually so you will not have to leave the house!
If you are a stay at home mom looking to earn some money, I hope this has helped you think through your options! We live in a time that does have a lot of options for stay at home moms that want to earn some extra income! Share with us some of the ways that you are earning extra income!