I have talked about the Multiple Uses for Vinegar and I’ve got 10 Uses for Baking Soda to share with you today!
10 Surprising Uses for Baking Soda
- Get Oil Out of your Hair Brush. Soak Hairbrushes in Baking Soda and Warm Water, then let them air dry.
- Carpet Cleaner – Sprinkle Baking Soda on Spills and allow to sit for about 30 minutes then vacuum up.
- Brighter Whites – Add 1 Cup of Baking Soda to your next load of whites (Along with your normal detergent) To get your clothes brighter.
- Clean your Coffeemaker – Use 1/2 Cup Baking Soda with water and running an empty pot of coffee.
- Relief from Bug Bites – Mix Baking Soda with Water to create a paste, then apply to Poison Ivy, and Bug Bites
- Reduce Dandruff – Mix Baking Soda with your Shampoo to reduce flaking. You can also wash your hair completely with Baking Soda if you want to skip the shampoo.
- Exfoliate Your Skin – Use 3 Tablespoons Baking Soda to 1 Tablespoon Water to create a paste and exfoliate your face.
- Clean Your Toothbrush – Soak your toothbrush in a mixture of 1 Cup Water and 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda. Let sit overnight and rinse.
- Clean Silver – Combine 1 Cup Baking Soda with 1/3 Cup Water to create a Silver Polish. Rub onto Silver with a clean cloth and Rinse before drying.
- Clean Your Dishwasher – Fill your Dishwasher Soap Dispenser with Baking Soda and Run an empty Load to clean left behind residue.
Plus, don’t miss our post on How to Make Berries Last Longer.