Many stores are pushing the use of reusable bags when you are shopping. However, if you are like me, you just don’t always remember to bring them, and I still feel like I end up with quite a pile of them. So I went in search of some ways that you can reuse your plastic bags.
Here are some ideas for ways you can reuse plastic shopping bags:
1) Keep some in the car for trash bags on road trips.
2) Use three of them for juggling practice. (A new skill your child can be practicing over the summer!)
3) Make parachutes for action figures.
4) When traveling, use them to wrap shoes or other items that may get clothes dirty while packed in the suitcase together.
5) Use for packing materials when moving.
6) Share them with a neighbor who is having a yard sale.
7) Cover small outdoor plants to protect from frost.
8) Use as trash can liners for a small trash in bathroom or bedroom.
9) Donate them to local businesses that take them. Try local animal shelters, thrift stores or libraries.
10) Make a plastic bag jump rope.
11) Use to make little ghosts in your tree around Halloween.
12) If you live in a cold area of the country, you can use to cover windshield wipers and mirrors to save them from a layer of frost.
13) Most grocery stores have a plastic bag recycle bin outside the front door of the store.
When you aren’t using them, you can store the plastic bags in an empty tissue box or inside empty paper towel cardboard rolls. Even an empty soda fridge pack works great for storing the extras.
What other ideas do you have for reusing plastic shopping bags? Leave your ideas in the comments below.
Last Updated on