Better Than …. Christmas Morning Cake. This cake is incredible, sweet, and downright a dream come true. The ultimate red velvet poke cake calling your name this Christmas season.
Carmel topping, Heath bits, whipped cream, and a red velvet cake. This is absolutely delicious, and I can’t rave enough at how good these are.
Better Than…. Christmas Morning Cake
Christmas morning cake that can be a tasty dessert for your family and friends. If you are a fan of a poke cake, this is the ultimate of all poke cake recipes.
Boxed Cake VS Homemade Cake
Red velvet cake is the base of the cake. Now, you can use a boxed cake mix or opt to make a homemade red velvet cake. You can do whatever you want. I reached for a box cake mix for the ease of a quick and easy recipe. But, feel free to use whatever you want.
How to Make This Better Than … Christmas Morning Cake
You will poke holes throughout the top of the cooked cake. I used the back of a spoon and made holes that will be what soaks in all the toppings for the ultra moist cake that you love.
How To Make This Red Velvet Poke Cake
- Red Velvet Cake | Tender and moist red velvet cake mix. Then you will bake up the moist cake.
- Toffee Bits | While the cake is still hot, you will sprinkle on the toffee bits so they can melt down a bit.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk | Now pour that over the cake mix.
- Caramel Sauce | Then grab that caramel sauce and drizzle it over the cake.
- Whipped Topping | Now pile on the whipped topping, and feel free to add coloring to the whipped cream cake.
- Toppings | Sprinkle toffee bits, sprinkles and get that cake decorated!
Can I Change Up The Cake Base
Sure. You could even do a Devil’s food cake or chocolate and that would be a nice pairing. You are welcome to use whatever you want as the base. Of course the cake will change the flavor a bit, but still a tasty flavor.
Homemade Whipped Cream VS Container
You can use either a homemade whipped cream vs a container of whipped cream. This is a fantastic part that is creamy and you can do either.
Looking for more Christmas recipes
- Prepared Red Velvet Cake Mix in 9x13 Pan (Or baked from scratch if you prefer)
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 bag Heath Bits O’ Brickle
- 1 Bottle Caramel Topping
- 1 8 oz container Whipped Topping, thawed
- Green Food Coloring
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Prepare red velvet cake mix according to instructions. While the cake
is still hot, use a wooden spoon to poke holes in the top of the
cake. (Be careful to not poke the holes all the way to the bottom of
- Next, while the cake is still hot, sprinkle ½ bag of toffee bits
onto top of cake, ensuring some get into the holes so they can melt.
- Next, pour the sweetened condensed milk onto the cake and then
drizzle on as much caramel topping as you prefer. Let the cake
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to the whipped topping, mix it
in, and spread it onto the cake. Sprinkle the rest of the bag of
Heath bits and sprinkle red and green sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
How To Store Better Than … Christmas Cake
You will want to store this cake in the fridge. This will store up to five days in the refrigerator. This cake is so awesome and you need to store it in the refrigerator. Because of the whipped cream and such, it has to be stored in the refrigerator, vs on the counter.
Give this cake a try and let me know what you think.