Buffalo Chicken Dip Crockpot Recipe gives you that spicy and savory hot dip that you know and love with a hands-off approach. Buffalo chicken dip is one of the most popular dips to serve up for entertaining, holidays, and game day snacking. If you are looking for a Buffalo Chicken Dip Slow Cooker recipe, this is the best one.
If you are looking for a new Dip Recipe, this Buffalo Chicken Dip Crockpot Recipe is perfect to try with your friends and family! We are a dip family – we love dips of any and every kind!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crockpot Recipe
We used to call my little girl our “dip baby” because she would dip anything in ranch or cheese dip and eat it! There are many different kinds of dips that you can make, but be sure to try this crockpot recipe the next time you are having guests over for a football game or a fall party. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Plus, be sure to check out even more Appetizer Recipes!
How To Store Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
Simply place any leftovers in the fridge and keep it chilled. You can store your chicken dip for up to three days. To warm up you can easily heat in the microwave or even place back in the slow cooker to warm it up.
Can I Use Pre Shredded Chicken For Buffalo Chicken Dip
Of course. Simply replace the chicken with shredded or diced. Just make sure the chicken you use doesn’t have a lot of seasoning on it, or it will take on more flavor. This buffalo chicken recipe works great with all types of chicken.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip
No. Unfortunately, due to all the cheese and cream cheese in this buffalo chicken dip recipe, it will change the texture and lose some flavor if you freeze it. The issue is when the cheese thaws it will become grainy and can curdle.
How to Serve This Chicken Dip
We generally serve it with a handful of dippers. From hardy veggies to chips. Let me share some of our favorite dipping items for you to consider.
- Salty Chips (tortilla or Frito)
- French bread
- Pita bread
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Crockpot Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 oz buffalo chicken sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a container)
- 4 oz ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the buffalo chicken sauce and chicken breasts in a small pan and heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the chicken once while cooking.
- Remove from heat and meanwhile, assemble the cream cheese, dressing, and celery and place in your crockpot.
- Shred the cooled chicken and add it, along with the buffalo chicken sauce, to the crockpot.
- Heat on slow for 2 hours to ensure chicken finishes cooking.
- Stir in your cheese just before serving.
- Serve warm alongside chips or vegetables.
Other Appetizers To Consider Serving With Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Pick up a Mini Crock Pot at Amazon that is perfect for serving party dips and easy desserts! These can come in handy when you want to keep something warm at a party or special occasion! Receive Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, or Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more!
Also, be sure to check out this Grilled Cheese Dip Recipe that you can make on-the-grill!
Have you ever made buffalo chicken dip before?