Ok, tell me what you think about this Cash Easter Basket Idea!! Whether you love it or it’s not your thing, it’s definitely unique, don’t you think?! I feel like this would be a good for a teen Easter basket! Because, who couldn’t use some extra cash? I have a few tips and tricks to make this Easter DIY gift project go smoothly, but if you just want the supply list and instructions, you can scroll down to the bottom!
How to Make a Cash Easter Basket
You only need a few supplies to create this basket in addition to the cash! Depending on how much you want to gift the recipient, you could get $1 bills or $5 bills. I chose $50 in $1 bills, but you can make it with any amount you prefer!
Supplies for a DIY Cash Easter Basket Gift
- $1 Bills
- Easter Basket – Any style will do! I chose a smooth, plastic one so it would be easy to adhere the money to.
- Double-stick tape – This is the easiest way to adhere the money!
- Plastic Eggs – To hide extra money in!
- Easter Grass
- Optional: Any extra treats you want to add!
Using double-sided tape, cover the base of the Easter basket with money. Start from the bottom and layer the money to the top. You can layer as much as you’d like, depending on how much cash you’re giving as an Easter gift.
Next, gather the bills in a ruffle and, using tape on the back, adhere along the top of the basket.
Lastly, add Easter grass and plastic eggs filled with cash! And, your Cash Easter Basket is finished!! If you’d like, you could add some of the recipient’s favorite candy, too, but you don’t have to!
How to adhere the money on a cash Easter basket?
Double-sided tape is a no fail idea! It’s easy to remove, too. Get the permanent tape though, as the removable tape isn’t sticky enough.
More Great Easter Gift Ideas!
- Make an Easter Wreath – A fun alternative to an Easter basket!
- HUGE List of Easter Basket Ideas – Basket ideas for teens, kids, and more!
- More Easter Basket Ideas
Cash Easter Basket Idea
This Cash Easter Basket Idea can be made quickly and is so cute for teens or college aged kids! Customize with their favorite colors and some extra treats, if you wish!
- Cash (Any amount)
- Plastic Easter bucket basket
- Double-Sided tape
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Tape $1 bills around the base of the basket, starting around the base and working your way up.
- Fold more bills so they look like ruffles and tape around the basket as trim.
- Fold three dollar bills in half the long way and tape over the handle of the basket.
- Add grass and fill plastic eggs with money. Add all the eggs to the basket.