Chocolate Covered Strawberry Heart Pops are a dipped strawberry that looks like a heart. The perfect no-bake treat to whip up for Valentine’s Day! These would also be a fun anniversary dessert to serve up your spouse.
Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorites, and this heart shaped pop just wins for the cute aspect, and they are so delicious.
These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Heart Pops Are…
- Made with 2 ingredients
- Easy to Make
- No Bake Valentine Dessert
- Cute and Creative
What Do You Need For Strawberries
Strawberries – Reach for ripe and fresh strawberries that are a bit larger in size. You want them to be a bit bigger so you can easily cut and shape the berry into a heart shape.
Chocolate – Grab some chocolate candy melts or even chocolate chips. Go for milk, semi-sweet, or even white chocolate if you want.
How To Clean Strawberries
Once you get your strawberries you can place them in a large bowl and fill with 3 cups water to 1 part distilled white vinegar. Let your strawberries soak for 15-30 minutes. Then rinse well. This will help remove dirt, debris and more.
Pat berries dry, and then place in a container with some folded paper towel at the bottom, or use them. By cleaning your berries it allows you to store them longer in the fridge without them spoiling as well.
How To Get Chocolate Chips to Set Up
So you have two options for this. Tempering your chocolate is going to allow the chocolate to harden, or using some shortening. Let me share both methods for you.
Tempering Chocolate – You can heat up your chocolate and make sure the chocolate doesn’t go over 90 degrees. The reason being is it will affect how it sets up. You can use a double boiler or warm it up in 20-30 second increments in the microwave stirring often.
Add Shortening – Adding a tablespoon of shortening with the chocolate will help the chocolate set up similar to candy melts do. Within around 10 minutes your chocolate will be hard on the outside.
With all your dipped strawberries you will want to store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. These are best to be eaten within the first 24 hours of being made. You will find that after a bit the berries will bleed out some juice.
More Easy Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies
- Heart Shaped Desserts
- Valentine’s Day Booty Dip
- Chocolate Valentine’s Day Pancakes
- Chocolate Candy Melts or Chocolate Chips (Semisweet, Milk, or White Chocolate)
- Sucker Sticks
- Slice each strawberry in half and cut a small v-shape in the top of each half to make a heart shaped strawberry piece.
- Gently insert the sucker stick in the bottom half of the heart shape. Heat chocolate in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate, gently shake of excess chocolate, and place on wax paper to set. Sprinkle with valentine sprinkles, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g