Christmas Oreo Bark is a festive and delicious colored chocolate bark that is loaded with Oreo cookies in each bite. This no bake Christmas bark is a chocolate lovers dream come true. If you are a fan of white chocolate with Oreos give this recipe a try.
This holiday bark is one that my kids love helping with. Let them drizzle on the red and green candy melts to create a delicious and easy dessert that everyone can enjoy.
This Christmas Oreo Bark Recipe Is…
- Simple Ingredients
- No Bake
- Holiday Inspired
What Do I Need To Make This Oreo Bark
- White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Red and Green Candy Melts
- Oreo Cookies
How to Make Oreo Bark
Melt white chocolate in the microwave as directed in the printable recipe card. Then Pour in your Oreo crushed cookies. Stir to coat the Oreos in the chocolate.
Spread out on baking sheet that is lined. Then you will melt your red and green candy melts. Drizzle over the top creating a fun mix of colors.
Let the mixture harden, then break apart and serve.
Storing Oreo Bark
To store your Oreo bark just take it and place in a sealed bag or container. Then store at room temperature on the counter. The cookie bark will last up to a week. After that watch for the cookies to start to go stale.
Variations to Recipe
- Sprinkle on your favorite Christmas sprinkles
- Swap out the colors of chocolate you use.
- You could use a milk or semi-sweet chocolate.
- Add on some crushed peppermint with the Oreos.
- Use other crushed candies in replace of Oreos.
- Do M&M’s instead of Oreos
Can You Freeze Oreo Bark
Yes, you can freeze this Oreo bark if you want. All you have to do is place in a proper container and freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter at room temperature then enjoy.
Can I Use Regular Chocolate Chips Instead of Candy Melts
Using regular chocolate you will temper the chocolate. That means the chocolate will harden up as it sits. You can also add in some shortening to the chocolate to help the chocolate set up fast as well.
How to Temper Chocolate
Add your chocolate into a plastic or silicone bowl. Then you will slowly begin heating up your chocolate in 20 second intervals. Make sure to use a thermometer to make sure your chocolate doesn’t get too hot. Once it reaches close to temperature listed below the chocolate is tempered.
- Dark Chocolate temperature never goes above 90ºF
- White chocolate temperature never goes above 84ºF
- Milk Chocolate temperature never goes above 86ºF
Want More Christmas Inspiration
- 10-12oz. Bright White Candy Melts or White Chocolate Chips
- 15 Oreos, chopped, plus 5 whole Oreos for topping
- 3 oz. Red Candy Melts (about 1/4 of the standard-sized bag)
- 3 oz. Green Candy Melts (about 1/4 of the standard-sized bag)
- Line an 8×8 pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Place candy melts (or white chocolate chips, if you're using those) in a medium mixing bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals, mixing each time, until completely melted.
- Add chopped Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to smooth out top.
- Chop the remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top. (You can leave some larger pieces, if you wish!)
- Melt green candy melts and drizzle on top. Melt red candy melts and drizzle on top. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Chill for about 10 minutes until mixture is solid. Lift the bark out of the pan with the parchment paper and chop into pieces with a fork.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1281Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 308gFiber: 1gSugar: 197gProtein: 1g