Dress up your breakfast with these Rudolph Donut Holes. A simple and easy breakfast or dessert idea that screams Christmas fun. These are a tasty donut hole that has pretzel antlers, red nose and candy eyes.
Dive in to make these up in no time for a treat. Or make these for a school Christmas party, co-workers, play dates, etc. The options are endless on when you could serve up these bite size breakfast donuts.
Why Make Rudolph Donut Holes
- Use store bought donuts or make homemade
- Kid Friendly
- Kids can decorate their own reindeer
Ingredients You Need
How to Make
Full directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Melt up your candy melts and then pipe on dots for eyes. Then place the candy eyes on top and then pipe on a red nose for Rudolph.
Break your pretzel and stick the pretzels in the sides to act as the antlers.
Serve and enjoy!
Storing These Donut Bites
Store your donuts in an airtight container for 1-2 days. You will find with any donuts they will dry out very fast. So it is best to make these the day you plan to eat or late the night before.
More Christmas Ideas
- Scrapbook Christmas Craft
- DIY Buffalo Plaid Christmas Decorations
- Dollar Tree Christmas Wrapping Ideas
Can I Use Gluten Free Products
Absolutely. Go right ahead and use gluten free donuts and gluten free pretzels. You can use whatever flavor or style you have or prefer.
Variations To Recipe
Icing – Instead of candy melts use a red icing instead. You can buy little tubes of icing you cut the tip off and then use to pipe on the donut holes.
Red Glitter – Consider dusting on red glitter on top of the red nose to add a bit of sparkle to the nose to make it stand out even more.
Donut Flavor – Use any flavor of donut you want. Even a crunchy coated donut works great. Have fun and create a mix if you want.
- Donut Holes
- Candy Eyes
- Red Candy Melts
- Melt the candy melts in a disposable pastry bag in the microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted. I find that if they are mostly melted and I knead the bag with my fingers, the heat from the melted ones will completely melt the others without overheating or burning them.
- Cut a very, very small bit off the end of the pastry bag, leaving the smallest hole possible.
- Next, glue two candy eyes to each donut hole with the melted candy melts.. It's okay to use the red candy melts for this since it won't show. (If you're worried about the red squishing out from behind the eyes, you could use white or blue or green to make colorful eyes!)
- Place a dot of red candy melts underneath the eyes for the nose. Let set until completely dry.
- Break the pretzels into antler shapes and insert them into each side of the top of the donut hole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g