White chocolate peppermint popcorn – a sweet and delicious popcorn that is paired with white chocolate and smooth peppermint flavor in each crunchy bite. A peppermint dessert recipe you don’t want to miss out on.
If you enjoy sweet popcorn this peppermint chocolate popcorn is one you will want to try out soon. My family devoured this popcorn! Best of all it takes 3 ingredients and is affordable to make!
Why Make White Peppermint Popcorn
3 Ingredients – Popcorn, chocolate and peppermints is all it takes to make yourself!
Affordable – If you ever buy dessert popcorn you know the price tags can be expensive when not on sale. Consider making your own to save money!
Quick – So simple and quick to make, you won’t think twice about it!
Delicious – I love how sweet and delicious this popcorn is. The peppermint and the white chocolate work so well together to compliment the popcorn.
What Ingredients Will You Need
Popcorn – For a salty twist do a light salted popcorn. Or opt to keep out the salt for a full on sweet dessert.
White Chocolate – I recommend quality popcorn as you are going to have this the stand out flavor of the popcorn.
Peppermints – Candy canes or peppermint candies work for this recipe!
- Popcorn Maker – While you can buy bagged popcorn. You might like this popcorn maker for making larger batches of popcorn at home.
- Silicone Spatula – Great for mixing the ingredients together.
- Mallet – A great way to crush up your peppermints to mix in the popcorn!
How to Make
Full directions for this dessert popcorn are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Start by popping your popcorn. Use a microwave, buy pre-popped, or use a Stir Crazy Popcorn maker. Whatever you prefer to do.
Melt up the chocolate and crush peppermints.
Follow the directions on how to combine the dessert, and enjoy!
Can I Use Candy Canes Instead of Peppermint Candies
Absolutely! Use any of your favorite peppermint candies for this recipe. If you have peppermint candy canes go right ahead and mix it up together and try it out.
What White Chocolate To Use
You can use candy melts, almond bark, or even a white chocolate bar you cut and melt down. The goal is to use a white chocolate that you enjoy as it is going to be a stand out flavor in this popcorn.
How to Store Popcorn
You will want to allow the popcorn to fully set up, then store in an airtight container or bag on the counter. I find it is great and if your home isn’t too hot you will have no issues as all. If you store the mixture in the fridge it can alter the texture of the popcorn.
You can freeze popcorn if you don’t eat it all right away. The texture will be slightly different once thawed but will taste delicious.
Swaps and Variations
- Use milk or semi-sweet chocolate instead of white chocolate.
- Opt for melt away mints that will give the popcorn softer texture.
- Stir in some mini chocolate chips for added texture and sweetness.
- Holiday sprinkles add more color to the dessert mint popcorn.
More Popcorn Recipes
- Popcorn Ball
- Reese’s Popcorn
- Christmas Popcorn Cake
- Santa Popcorn Munch
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 10-12 cups popcorn
- 10-12 oz. White Chocolate Candy Melts
- 10 Peppermint Candies, crushed
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Drizzle over the popcorn and stir to coat. Sprinkle with half of the crushed peppermint candies and stir.
- Spread the popcorn mixture out onto the wax paper and sprinkle with remaining candy cane pieces.
- Allow the popcorn to cool completely and break apart into bite-sized pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1`
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1184Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 128gFiber: 5gSugar: 101gProtein: 14g