Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs are a delicious and festive drink to sip on this Christmas. A red and red chocolate ball filled with hot chocolate, marshmallows and sprinkles. Place your bomb in a mug and pour warm milk over the chocolate ball. The milk melts the chocolate and a perfect cup of hot chocolate.
These homemade hot chocolate bombs are a perfect Christmas gift for loved ones. A homemade gift that will pair great with a new mug, tumbler, or other items.
Why Make These Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Fun way to serve up a holiday treat
- Easy to make
- Decorate however you want
- Makes a great gift for friends, family, etc.
How to Make
Full directions for the recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Start by melting your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Heat in short increments then stir, to prevent burning.
Pour some of the chocolate into each mold, and brush to coat. Allow the chocolate to harden, then once done, remove from the mold.
Fill with hot chocolate, sprinkles, and mini marshmallows. Then seal your chocolate spheres to the side. Once done, you can store or serve up the hot chocolate balls.
How to Use Cocoa Bombs
Place a cocoa bomb in a cup, then warm up some milk in the microwave or on the stove.
Pour over the cocoa bomb slowly, and watch the chocolate melt away.
Stir well, and then sip and enjoy a perfect cup of hot chocolate.
- Don’t make the chocolate to thick in the sphere, or it will not melt properly.
- Only fill one side of the sphere, as you will melt the empty side on plate to melt the chocolate.
- Evenly spread the chocolate in the sphere.
You can store your hot chocolate balls in an airtight container, or place in single serve cellophane bags. This is a great way to make this a gift idea for loved ones.
Or you can freeze these balls in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw on the counter before you try to melt with warm milk. Otherwise, the chocolate will not melt.
Can I Use Dairy Free Milk
Yes, you can make these hot chocolate dessert balls without dairy. Use dairy free chocolate that sets up, as well as your favorite plant based milk alternative.
More Holiday Recipes
- 15 Old Fashioned Christmas Candy Recipes
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- DIY Buffalo Plaid Christmas Decorations
- Dollar Tree Christmas Wrapping Ideas
- Red Candy Melts
- Bright White Candy Melts
- Green Candy Melts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Chocolate Powder Mix
- Christmas Sprinkles, If desired
- Melt green candy melts and with a paintbrush, brush into silicon hot chocolate bomb mold. Freeze for two minutes.
- Brush on another layer and freeze for two minutes. Gently pop out of pan. Spoon hot chocolate powder into the bottom half of the hot chocolate bomb.
- Add mini marshmallows on top and sprinkles, if desired.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in the microwave for two minutes or until very warm.
- Take the top of the hot chocolate bomb and place it on the plate until the edge is melted.
- Press the top of the hot chocolate bomb onto the bottom of the hot chocolate bomb.
- If needed, melt more green candy melts and paint on the outside to glue it together.
- Drizzle melted red and white candy melts on top. Add sprinkles for decoration, if desired.
- To serve, pour one cup of very hot milk slowly over the hot chocolate bomb. Stir to create your hot chocolate!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g