Christmas Tree Brownies are the simplest way to make a festive dessert brownie to serve up to friends and family. If you are wanting an easy but delicious dessert that screams Christmas, these Christmas Tree Brownies are right up your alley. Best of all, you can use a boxed brownie mix.
Christmas Tree Brownies
Triangle shaped brownies that get frosted and decorated to look like a Christmas Tree. Great for holiday bake sales, cookie swaps, parties, or even a snack to serve up after dinner for a midweek dessert.
What Do You Need To Make These Brownies
How To Make Christmas Tree Brownies
Start by mixing up your brownies with water, oil, and eggs. Once you get it mixed up pour into your pan and bake as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Cut your cooled brownies into triangles. You don’t need to use a cookie-cutter, cutting in this design you can get quite a few triangles out of each pan of brownies you use.
Next, you can frost your cooled brownies to look like a tree. You can use a piping bag to get the greenery on the brownies to mimic limbs.
Then add on the mini M&M’s for the Christmas lights on your tree. Top with the yellow star sprinkle. When I added the M&M’s I made sure the little m’s was on the frosting so you didn’t see the letters on the holiday tree brownies.
How to Store Brownies
You will want to store your brownies in an airtight container. I recommend doing a single layer of brownies, or you will find that the brownies stick together.
If you do stack on top make sure to do a layer of wax paper in between so it helps the brownies from sticking together.
Can You Freeze Frosted Brownies
You for sure can freeze these frosted brownies. Just place your brownies in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to three months. When you want one, remove and let thaw at room temperature.
If you want to stack brownies go ahead and use wax paper to help the brownies not stick together.
Craving More Holiday Ideas
- 5 Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Christmas
- Christmas Oreos
- Easy Cake Mix Christmas Cookie Bars
- Cookies in a Jar
- Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations
- 1 Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3 TBSP Water (Or whatever is called for in your mix)
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil (Or whatever is called for in your mix)
- 1 Egg (Or whatever is called for in your mix.)
- Green Buttercream Frosting (Or you can make your own frosting and color it with green food coloring.)
- Gold Star Sprinkles
- Mini M&Ms (Red ones only.)
- Preheat oven according to your favorite brownie mix package and prepare brownies according to instructions.
- Let cool for an hour and then freeze for 15 minutes. Cut into rows, and then cut those rows into triangles. (You’ll end up with some small, extra end pieces for
- Pipe 4-6 rows of squiggles of frosting onto the trees. Top with a gold star sprinkle and add red mini M&Ms (with the ‘m’ flipped over) as ornaments! So easy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g