This Cilantro Lime Chicken is the perfect combination of robust flavors for Mexican Chicken Night. Serve this easy Marinated Chicken Dinner with corn on the cob, rice and radishes and it will quickly become a favorite!
Can we just agree that Mexican food is pretty much the best? It’s super easy to make, it’s affordable, the ingredients are simple to find, and it’s one of those things that’s a crowd favorite. I have yet to find the first person that doesn’t like at least one thing from all the options Mexican food has. This Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe is the perfect addition to your Mexican recipe list.
Why? Because my friend, this is way beyond flavorful. If you tend to find chicken a bit bland and boring, this is the perfect recipe for you. It’s a flavor explosion in the best possible way. It’s also incredibly soft, tender, and juicy.
Truth is, I find myself making a double or triple batch of this, so I have enough leftovers for a couple of days worth of lunches. You can have one chicken breast for dinner served with some corn and rice the first day and then use it to make wraps, to top salads, or as a taco filling on the following days.
The secret for great flavor is in the seasonings we are going to be using. If you like to keep your Mexican dishes a little less spicy, just eliminate the red chili flakes or use half the amount. That will cut down on the spice in this recipe! But, if you like spicy, go for it! The cilantro and lime are what make this dish flavorful!
The second secret is marinating the chicken. Two hours of marinating the chicken in all the juices, seasonings, and spices is how to let the chicken soak in all the flavors.
After the chicken is done marinating then it’s just a matter of quickly cooking it in a saucepan and serving it with your favorite sides.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 5 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Cup lime juice
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Radish, sliced for serving
- 3 Corn Cobs, for serving
- 1 ½ Cups cooked rice, for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Mix the lime juice, cilantro, garlic cloves, and red chili flakes and pour over chicken.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and take to the refrigerator, let it marinate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, and place the chicken in the saucepan.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes, or until both sides are cooked.
- Serve, and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Add rice, corn, and sliced radish for sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 68g