Can we just agree that Mexican food is pretty much the best one? It’s super easy to make, it’s affordable, the ingredients are simple to find, and it’s one of those things that’s a crowd favorite, I have yet to find the first person that doesn’t like at least one thing from all the options Mexican food has. This Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe is the perfect addition to your Mexican recipe list.
Why? Becuase my friend, this is way beyond flavorful. If you tend to find chicken a bit bland and boring, this is the perfect recipe for you. It’s a flavor explosion in the best possible way. It’s also incredibly soft, tender, and juicy.
Truth is, I find myself most of the times making a double or triple batch of this, so I have enough leftovers for a couple of days worth of lunches. You can have a breast for dinner served with some corn and rice the first day and then use it to make wraps, to top salads or as a taco filling. The options are endless and help stretch it a lot.
The secret in this case is in the seasonings we are going to be using. While with all the seasonings the result is mind blowing good if you prefer to keep things low-key (or don’t have all the ingredients in your pantry) you just need to keep the lime juice and the cilantro. Those are the 2 ingredients that make this Cilantro Lime Chicken shine.
The second secret is marinating it, 2 hours of marinating the chicken in all the juices and seasonings and spices are all you need to really let the chicken soak all the flavors.
Then it’s just a matter of quickly cooking it in a saucepan and serving it with your favorite sides.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 5 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Cup lime juice
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Radish sliced, for serving
- 3 Corns, for serving
- 1 ½ Cups cooked rice, for serving
- In a bowl place the chicken breasts and sprinkle it with salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour and mix in the bowl the lime juice, cilantro, garlic cloves, and red chili flakes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and take to the refrigerator, let it marinate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, pour the olive oil, and place the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes, or until both sides are cooked.
- Serve, and garnish with cilantro.
- Side with rice, corn, sliced radish, and enjoy.