Whip up this delicious tangy and sweet cranberry roasted chicken. This is a healthy and satisfying dinner that can be served with all your favorite side dishes. Your whole family will be asking for seconds.
The cranberry offers a sweet and tart flavor that pairs beautifully with the chicken. Then add in the balsamic transform this dinner into a whole new level of flavor.
This Cranberry Roasted Chicken Is…
- Baked in the oven
- Easy to Make
- Simple Ingredients
- Gluten Free
- Made with any cut of chicken you want
- Family Friendly
Ingredients Needed For Cranberry Roasted Chicken
Chicken – You are welcome to use any cut of chicken you want. Just know depending on the size and if it is boneless or bone-in the cook time will vary a bit.
Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary – These herbs and garlic help flavor the chicken nicely. If you don’t have fresh herbs you can always reach for dried.
Cranberry – Fresh or frozen cranberries will work for this chicken recipe.
Soy Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Oil – Help to enhance the flavors of the herbs, chicken and locks in moisture.
Salt and Pepper – Flavor to taste!
With Thanksgiving approaching you will find this is a great recipe to add into your dinner rotation! Give it a try, and let me know how you like it.
How to Make Cranberry Chicken
Step 1: In blender or food processor, combine the garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and ½ cup of the cranberries and liquify until as smooth as possible.
Step 2: Add the chicken in with the cranberry mixture to marinade.
Step 3: Grease your casserole pan and assemble the chicken and the cranberries in the baking dish as the recipe card features below.
Step 4: Bake as directed and once the chicken is fully cooked and remove and serve with your favorite sides.
What Sides to Pair With Cranberry Chicken
How to Know When Chicken Is Done
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your chicken. It needs to read 165 degrees. Allow your chicken to rest for at least 5-10 minutes to help prevent the chicken from drying out.
Store your leftover chicken in the fridge for 2-4 days. Always use your best judgement in terms of when you need to toss out the chicken if you think it is going bad. Depending on freshness and how you store the chicken the storage time varies.
This is a great chicken to meal prep with for dinners or quick lunches. You can also freeze any chicken you don’t eat for 2-3 months.
Can I Use Any Cut of Chicken
You can use bone-in chicken or boneless. Feel free to use any cut of chicken you want. The biggest thing is depending on thickness and if the chicken has bones the cook time will vary.
Bone-in chicken will take longer to cook. Where boneless will cook faster. Use a meat thermometer for you to ensure your chicken reaches proper temperature.
More Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1½ cups cranberries, divided
- 6-8 pieces chicken (we used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- In blender or food processor, combine the garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and ½ cup of the cranberries and liquify until as smooth as possible.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish with baking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the marinade for later.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish, skin side down, and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cranberries around the pan, pressing the berries in between the chicken pieces if needed. Roast the chicken uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and brush each one with the reserved marinade.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425°F and cook five minutes. Then, change the oven settings to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken begins to turn a little golden on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g