Easter Dirt Cake is a super easy and kid-friendly dessert to whip up for your Easter feast. Creamy and delicious no bake dessert that has incredible layers of chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbs, and more.
You might also know this cake as an Oreo Dirt Cake! It is one of our favorites, and the Peeps on top really add such a fun dessert.
Easter Dirt Cake
You use Oreo crumbs to make a path that you decorate with green grass, M&M’s and of course bunny peeps. It looks like a sweet path to an easy dessert everyone can enjoy.
How To Make Easter Dirt Cake
Start by crushing up your Oreos, and mix with butter. You will make an Oreo crust in the bottom of your 9×13 pan. Then you want to take your cheesecake filling and spread evenly over the crust.
Make the pudding layer next to spread over the cheesecake. Now make your Oreo path, add sprinkles if you want, color coconut to make grass, and top with your Peeps.
What If I Don’t Have Cheesecake Filling
If you don’t have a cheesecake filling that you grabbed at the store, you are more than welcome to make your own no-bake cheesecake. This is easy to do.
Want more Cheesecake Recipes to Try
- No-Bake Birthday Cake Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Can I Make This Cheesecake Dirt Cake In Advance
You can make this dessert in advance. Feel free to make it the night before you plan to serve. I would wait to top with the Peeps until you are ready to serve, that way they don’t get soggy. Otherwise, you might find they breakdown a little on the part that is pushed down in the cake.
Can I Use Golden Oreos As Base
Yes, you are more than welcome to use Golden Oreos, or any other Oreo for that matter. Give it a try and let me know which flavor of Oreos you prefer the best.
- ½ cup Butter
- Oreos, Family Size Package
- 1 Tub Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling
- 1 pkg Instant Chocolate Pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- 1 ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup Easter M&Ms
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 4-5 Easter bunny Peeps
- Crush 2/3 of the package of Oreos and mix well with melted butter. Pat in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Spoon cheesecake filling over Oreo crust and spread evenly. In a separate bowl, whisk the pudding mix with milk according to package.
- Let set for five minutes. Gently fold in Cool Whip until completely mixed. Spoon into 9x13 pan and spread evenly over cheesecake layer.
- Crush the rest of the Oreos and sprinkle on to make a road on top of the cake. You can make it straight or curved. Mix coconut flakes with a few drops of dark or light green food coloring.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of cake. Place M&Ms on the border of the walkway. Place bunny Peeps on the walkway and press down a bit to set them.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g