These Easy Peach Dumplings are one of my new favorite recipes to make during peach season! They’re absolutely delicious right out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream and cinnamon sprinkled on top!
How to Make Easy Peach Dumplings
These dumplings are so easy to make and don’t require any unusual ingredients! In fact, you might have all of the ingredients on hand during the summertime anyway!
Ingredients for Easy Peach Dumplings
Crescent Rolls – You’ll need two cans of crescent rolls because this recipe makes 16 dumplings. Of course, favorite brand is Pillsbury, but you could use the store brand, too.
Peaches – For Easy Peach Dumplings, you’ll need two large peaches.
Salted Butter – If you don’t have salted butter on hand, unsalted would work just fine!
Brown Sugar – I used light brown sugar, but if you only have dark brown sugar, that is ok!
White Sugar – If you don’t like your dumplings quite as sweet, you can use a little less white sugar.
Cinnamon – You can use a little more or less cinnamon, depending on how strong you want the taste. Or, if you want to replace some of the cinnamon with nutmeg, that would be delicious, too!
Vanilla Extract – Be sure to use real vanilla in this recipe!
Ginger Ale – You could really use any citrus drink when making Easy Peach Dumplings. I have tried using Mountain Dew in the past, and that came out way too sweet for my taste.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Cut up your peaches into slices first. You’ll cut each peach into 8 slices, for a total of 16 Easy Peach Dumplings!
Next, roll up each peach slice into a triangle of crescent roll dough. Place it in the baking dish. (You might have to squeeze them in! That’s ok! They’ll bake just fine.)
You’ll have a total of 16 dumplings in your pan. Be sure to place them neatly in two rows.
Next, mix melted butter, both types of sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. After that, spoon the sauce on top of each dumping.
Then, pour the ginger ale around the edges and middle of the pan. Don’t pour any on top of the dumplings, or you’ll wash away the cinnamon sauce. Lastly, bake these Easy Peach Dumplings for approximately 32 minutes or until the dumplings are golden on top.
Then, let cool for about ten minutes before eating. These Easy Peach Dumplings may be served with ice cream on top!
More Peach Recipe Ideas
If you love these Easy Peach dumplings, you can check out some of my other favorite peach recipe ideas! This Easy Peach Tea is my family’s absolute favorite summer drink! Also, this Homemade Peach Ice Cream is so easy to make in a blender. If you’re looking for something slightly healthier, this Grilled Peaches recipe could be enjoyed without the ice cream on top!
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 2 peaches, sliced into 16 slices total (Each peach is sliced into 8 slices.)
- 12 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Ginger Ale
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking spray in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Roll a peach slice in a crescent roll triangle starting at the widest end of the triangle and place in baking dish. Pinch the dough around the peach so the peach is mostly covered.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and stir in sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the top of peach dumplings.
- Pour 8 oz. of ginger ale between the dumplings and along edge of pan. (It's important to avoid pouring the ginger ale on top of the dumplings.)
- Bake for 32 minutes or until the tops of the dumplings turn golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired! For garnish, you could add a thin peach slice and a cinnamon stick.
You will not use the entire can of ginger ale. Usually each can is 12 oz., yet this recipe only requires 8 oz.
You can substitute any citrus soda for the ginger ale. I have used Mountain Dew and Sprite in the past and both worked just fine!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 dumpling
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g