I love this Halloween Taco Dip recipe so much! It’s easy to think up sweet or dessert Halloween recipes, but sometimes I struggle coming up with a savory one! This 7-Layer Halloween Dip is just like the dip you know and love, but with a fun Halloween spin! It’s perfect to bring to parties, because it’s so easy to make. This dip is also great to snack on during spooky movie nights at home with family during the month of October!
How to Make Halloween Taco Dip
All of the ingredients for this dip are just like the ones for the traditional 7-Layer Dip, which you probably have made before!
Ingredients for Spider Web 7-Layer Dip
- Refried Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sliced Black Olives
- Green Onions or Cilantro
Step by Step Directions for Halloween Taco Dip
If you prefer, you can skip down to the printable recipe card. However, for those who like a visual of the step-by-step directions, I have included that, as well!
Next, layer 1 cup of sour cream over the refried beans mixture.
After that, spread on the salsa and cover that with guacamole. Smooth it out well so it’s easy to draw a spiderweb on!
Next, sprinkle on the pico de gallo around the edges. This will frame the spiderweb on top dip very nicely!
Lastly, sprinkle on black olives, shredded cheese and chopped green onions or cilantro. Place sour cream in a piping bag and pipe the spiderweb onto the top of the Halloween Taco Dip. Start by drawing the four connecting straight lines and then pipe on the curved lines connecting them. Use a whole black olive for the spider’s body and cut another black olive into 8 slices, lengthwise. Arrange those slices with four on each side to make the spider’s legs!
How to Make Straight Spiderweb Lines on Halloween Taco Dip
Whenever you’re piping a straight line, start at the top or back and pull the line toward you. Turn the plate and pull the next line toward you, as well. If you go side to side from left to right, the lines will turn out squiggly! (I know this from experience! Ha!)
More Halloween Recipe Ideas
- Easy and Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
- Monster M&M Cookies
- Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Keto Halloween Treats and Recipes
I hope you love this Halloween Taco Dip! Let me know when you try out the recipe!
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 3 tbsp shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 whole black olives
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- In a small mixing bowl, combine refried beans and taco seasoning. Spread into the bottom of a pie plate.
- Next, spread 1 cup of sour cream to layer over the bean mixture.
- After that, spread on the salsa layer and then the guacamole layer.
- Sprinkle pico de gallo around the edges.
- Sprinkle the sliced black olives, shredded cheese, and green onions over the pico de gallo.
- Fill a piping bag with the remaining sour cream and pipe on four straight lines which will be the base of the spiderweb. Connect the lines with curved segments, starting with where the straight lines intersect in the middle of the dip.
- Place one whole black olive wherever you'd like for your spider to be sitting on the spider web. Next, cut a whole olive lengthwise into 8 slices. Lastly, place four slices on each side of the whole black olive to create the spider's legs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g