Craving something fun and different. Whip up my easy Monster cookie brownies. This is a brownie bottom that is topped with a monster cookie topping. Dive in to these and whip up a delicious and easy dessert your family will love.
If you love monster cookies or brownies, this will be a great one for you to try. These are a fun brownie bar to serve at birthday parties, family events, potlucks and more.
These Monster Cookie Brownies Are…
- Layered dessert
- Uses boxed brownie and cookie mixes
- Easy to Make
- Loaded with Flavor
- Slice-able treat
- Budget Friendly Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Monster Bars
- Brownie Mix
- Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Chocolate Chips
Can I Use Homemade Batters For These Brownie Bars?
If you don’t want to use a store bought boxed brownie and cookie mixes, you are more than welcome to make homemade. Just follow the same directions on mixing up the brownies. Then mix up a cookie monster cookie batter then top the brownies with.
How to Make
Brownie Batter – Start by working on mixing up your brownie batter. Then you will pour into your greased baking dish and bake for 15 minutes as directed. Then remove from oven.
Cookie Batter – While the brownies are cooking you are going to work on your cookie batter. Mix until the cookie dough is fully combined.
Assemble Bars – Now you will scoop the cookie dough on top of the brownie batter, then spread and bake as directed.
Cool and Serve – Let the brownie bars cool then slice and serve!
Storing Monster Cookie Brownies
Store your brownies in an airtight container once they are fully cooked. The bars will store for around 5 days at room temperature. You can also freeze your brownies for 2-4 months.
Just freeze and then thaw at room temperature on the counter.
Mix In Ingredients
Want to change up the bars a little bit? Here is a fun switch of ingredients to alter the end result of the brownies!
- Use a brownie mix with nuts or even a caramel swirled brownie for elevated flavor.
- Mix in some peanut butter chips along with chocolate chips or in replace.
- Use Reese’s Pieces instead of M&M’s
- Use a peanut M&M or peanut butter M&M for a switch to the candy topping.
Why Do You Cook Brownies A Bit Before Cooking Cookie Layer?
You need to cook the brownies a bit to ensure the brownie layer bakes fully. Also, baking the brownies helps to keep the cookie layer on top of the brownies, vs sinking to the bottom of the brownies, and not creating that unique layered brownie.
Can I Make These In Advance?
Easy Monster Cookie Brownies
Easy Monster Cookie Brownies are a delicious monster cookie and brownie dessert. A brownie layer with a cookie monster topping. These are made with boxed cookie and brownie mix to make it a simple and easy dessert recipe.
- Betty Crocker Family Size Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Monster Cookie Layer
- Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix 21 oz.
- Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 17.5 oz.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter, softened (not melted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on the top, if desired
- 1 cup mini M&Ms + extra for sprinkling on the top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan and/or line with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix according to package and bake for 15 minutes only and remove from oven.
- While the brownies are baking, create the monster cookie layer by combining all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- After removing the brownies from the oven, drop spoonfuls of the monster cookie dough covering the top of the brownies.
- Press down gently, over the top of the brownies. If desired, sprinkle extra mini M&Ms and chocolate chips on top of cookie dough and gently press into the dough.
- Drop oven temp to 325 and cover pan loosely with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until cookie layer is completely baked through and edges are golden.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g