Muddy Buddies Bark is a delicious muddy buddy dessert but in a chocolate bark form. Rice Krispies treats, chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar and more in all one snackable form.
Are you a fan of chocolate bark recipes? It is like muddy buddies and chocolate bark collide in a delicious no bake chocolate dessert. Try my Frito peanut butter chocolate bark for a sweet and salty recipe.
This Muddy Buddies Bark Recipe Is…
- Quick Prep
- Simple Ingredients
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make
Full directions for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk through on how to make this dessert.
Start by adding your chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla and butter into a bowl. Microwave for increments, stirring between each cycle.
Once melted add in the cereal, and stir well. Spoon on wax paper and press flat.
Sprinkle with M&M’s and pretzels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and then once set up, break into pieces and enjoy.
Tips for Making Muddy Buddy Bark
- You want to make sure to do 20-30 second increments when heating up in the microwave. Then stir well and heat again. If you don’t allow the chocolate to be stirred, you run the risk of it burning.
- Butter is needed to help add flavor but also help the chocolate set up.
- With the extra powdered sugar on top, you can shake it off once your bark has fully set up.
Variations To Recipe
- You can swap Rice Krispies with Chex if you want, it will just have a bit different texture.
- Use milk chocolate, semi-sweet, etc. I used semi-sweet chocolate.
- Can swap peanut butter with a nut butter if you would like.
- Use Reese’s Pieces instead of M&M’s
- Use any kind of pretzels, or leave them off if you want.
If you want to store your puppy chow mix, just place in an airtight container or sealable bag. Make sure to store in a cool place, otherwise store in the fridge, or the chocolate can melt.
In terms of freezing you can freeze this dessert. Place in airtight container and freeze for up to three months. Then thaw on the counter and enjoy. The texture can be a bit softer once it has been thawed after being frozen.
Craving More Muddy Buddy Recipes
- 8 oz Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less, depending on your preference)
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla.
- Heat at 30 second intervals until melted and stir together with a spoon until smooth. Add Rice Krispies and stir.
- Spoon onto wax paper and press flat to create the bark. Sprinkle pretzels and M&Ms on top. Sprinkle powdered sugar on and let cool.
- Break up the pieces of the bark and shake off the excess powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g