Panning for Gems Activity for Kids is the perfect indoor or outdoor activity. This is a fantastic stay-at-home activity for you to share with your kids.
You might actually have all the supplies needed for this affordable activity for kids. Panning for gems is creative, unique and loads of fun. Let your kids pan away and see what is hidden within the dirt and sand.
Panning For Gems Activity
Instead of buying a dig for gems activity, make your own. With a few basic supplies, you can create the ultimate activity to keep your kids busy. And if your child is younger, it is a great sensory activity as well.
What Do You Need For Panning For Gems
How To Create Your Panning For Gems Activity
- Add your play sand, gems, and rocks in your plastic container.
- Then you will add in some water, and let your kids dip the strainer in and see what they pull up.
- Then have them shake the strainer and see what gems and such are in their scoop!
Variations For Panning For Gems
- You can also buy a rock pack that is full of really neat rocks.
- Use your yard to create an area for your kids to dig and shake. Instead of a container.
- Add more sand so they work harder for panning.
- Add in other items for you to dig and pan for gems.
There are so many different ways to customize this activity. I find that doing it outside is easiest as it can get a little messy. So, feel free to do indoors or outside.
Interest in more fun kid activities
- Tie-Dye Soap Foam | Grab your dish soap and create a foam that is colorful and tons of fun for kids. It does get a bit messy so make sure to play outside.
- Home Nail Salon For Kids | Here you have a super quick and easy DIY activity that allows your kids to paint nails on cardboard. Crazy fun.
- Pool Noodle Trolls | Pool noodle trolls are so easy and fun. They are such a fun activity that doesn’t take much to do with the free printable.