Layered taco dip is a fantastic snack or appetizer to dish up. Layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, and so much more. Grab supplies and create a fun patriotic layered taco dip great for 4th of July, Memorial day, and more.
This taco dip is so simple, and no baking required. Pair with some crisp celery, salty tortilla chips, or even corn chips for dipping.
Patriotic Layered Taco Dip
If you want a fun party food for your next summer cookout or a dish to bring to a potluck this is great. If you don’t want the patriotic feel skip the decorating on top and serve it up as a classic layered dip instead.
Why Make This Layered Dip
- Simple Ingredients
- Easy to Make
- No Cooking Required
- Stores Well
- Make-Ahead if you Want
- Versatile In Ingredients Used
How to Make Patriotic Layered Taco Dip
The full directions for this recipe are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick overview
This recipe is crazy simple. Simply layer your ingredients in the pan as directed in the recipe card. I find that when you sprinkle on the taco seasoning, there is no mixing required like other recipes.
Quick, crazy simple dip that will completely be a hit.
What Is A Layered Dip
Layered dip is made by taking items that are Tex-Mex inspired and layering them into a casserole. Refried beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, guacamole, etc. Then when you stick a chip in, you get all the flavors in one crunchy bite.
Ways to Serve Up Taco Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Crisp Veggies – Celery, Cucumbers, Carrot Sticks, etc
Storage of Dip
This dip needs to be refrigerated. Just cover the dip with plastic wrap or place in a dish that has a lid. Then you will store in the fridge for 2-4 days. After a few days the dip will begin to separate a bit.
You can make the taco layered dip up to a day in advance. Then serve up the chilled dip and enjoy.
More Patriotic Inspiration
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 4th Of July Layered Jello
- Patriotic Poke Cake
- Patriotic Cookie Dough Dip
- Easy Spritz Cookies
Tips and Variations To Recipe
- You can use homemade guacamole instead of buying store-bought.
- Use homemade taco seasoning instead of a packet.
- Feel free to add in some diced jalapenos for spice
- Use mild, medium, or hot salsa to adjust the flavor.
- The taco seasoning soaks in the sour cream so you do not need to mix it up.
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 16 oz package deli premade guacamole
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning (or more, depending on your taste)
- 1 small jar mild or hot salsa, depending on your taste
- 3 TBSP Fresh Cilantro
- 1 large can sliced black olives
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 16 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly on top. Spread the sour cream in an even layer.
- Spread the guacamole in an even layer. Spread the salsa in an even layer. Sprinkle on the cilantro.
- Create a square in the top left area by spreading the sliced black olives in what would be the blue part of the American flag.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place in rows to create the flag's stripes. Fill in the spaces between the tomatoes with shredded mozzarella cheese, creating the white stripes of the flag.
- Use a star cookie cutter or knife, create star shapes from the sliced mozzarella and place on top of the black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
***Some recipes call for mixing up the taco seasoning with the refried beans or making layers from scratch, but this recipe is the quickest, easiest, and tastiest with absolutely NO mixing required!! The taco seasoning naturally mixes with the sour cream as you spread it and it works like a charm!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g