In search of a simple and easy poke cake recipe? Whip up this patriotic poke cake for bringing in the celebration of Memorial Day or even the 4th of July. A red, white, and blue poke cake that is ultra moist, sweet, and topped with festive sprinkles.
Why Make This Patriotic Poke Cake
- Simple Ingredients
- Make-Ahead Dessert
- Use any flavor or color of Jello you want for this recipe (I used two colors)
- Great for potlucks
- Fun summer dessert
What Is A Poke Cake
A poke cake is a delicious boxed cake mix that is baked and then poked full of holes. Pour the Jello mixture into the holes to create a fruity and moist cake. Once cooled you will top with whipped cream and serve.
A super simple and easy cake recipe you will want to make over and over again. Try this Dr. Pepper poke cake recipe as well, if you want to try out a new one.
Tips For Making Poke Cakes
- Mix up your Jello in separate bowls.
- When you pour the Jello into the bowls, make sure to focus on pouring into each hole. That way you get the distinct colors for when you slice and serve up the cake.
- Make sure to refrigerate the cake, and once it is set pour on the whipped cream.
Do You Refrigerate Poke Cake
Yes, this cake needs to be refrigerated. This cake is so simple to make, and you can make it a day in advance. You can whip this cake up a day in advance.
You will find that the whipped cream can separate after it sits a bit in the fridge. The sprinkles can bleed depending on what you use.
Can You Freeze Jello Poke Cake
You can indeed freeze poke cake. Simply slice and place the cake in a freezer container and freezer for 3-4 months. This cake can then be placed in the refrigerator overnight. Then you can place the cake on the counter as well and let it thaw for an hour and then enjoy.
Want More Simple Desserts
- 1 box white cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box, depending on your brand)
- 1 3 oz package red jello (any flavor)
- 1 3 oz package blue jello (any flavor)
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- Make cake according to directions on the box. After removing from oven, poke holes every 3/4 inch all over the top of the cake with a wooden spoon.
- Microwave 3/4 cup water in a microwave-safe container for 2 minutes, or until water is boiling.
- Add red jello to water and stir. Add one cup of cold water and stir. Put into a plastic squeeze bottle and fill every other hole in the cake with the red jello.
- Do the exact same process with the blue. Cool completely and frost with Cool Whip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 36Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g