Patriotic Spritz Cookies are homemade spritz cookies with a fun red white and blue spin. Give this easy 4th of July spritz cookie that melts in your mouth.
Patriotic Spritz Cookies
These spritz cookies are so simple to make, and for me, it was easy to make and serve up. Great for taking to a potluck, summer cookout, and more. This buttery cookie melts in your mouth.
What are spritz cookies?
Spritz is a German cookie, where you squeeze or spritz them out of a cookie press. Spritz cookies are simply a buttery cookie press cookie, that can be fun shapes. Flowers, circles, and more.
What makes these buttery spritz cookies stand out?
Cream cheese and butter work together to give you that ultra-rich buttery cookie. Then the vanilla and the almond extract work together for one incredible flavor that makes these cookies stand out.
Can you freeze spritz cookies?
These cookies will freeze nicely. Just allow the cookies to cool fully. Then transfer to a freezer container or sealable bag. Freeze for 3-4 months.
When you want to eat a cookie simply remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature. Then serve and enjoy!
When To Serve Up Cookies
Here are some ideas of when you serve up these tasty tender and soft cookies.
- Summer Cookouts
- 4th of July
- Memorial Day
- Birthday Parties
How long can you store cookies for?
You can store these cookies for 4-5 days on the counter in an airtight container. These cookies will dry out after a few days, so they are best when served fresh.
I like to freeze any cookies I don’t plan to eat right away.
Craving More Cookie Recipes
- 4th of July Sprinkle Cookies – Here are delicious sprinkles cookies for you to try out. This is a super easy and festive cookie to serve up.
- Cake Batter Cookies – If you love a good cookie try these cake batter cookies. This is a 3 ingredient cookie that is crazy simple to make and delicious to devour.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies – Here is a delicious cookie and cream cookie that is fluffy and delicious. A fun and tasty cookie that is great for cookie lovers.
- Big Island Cookies – Tropical cookies that are a fun twist to a classic cookie. Give this toasted coconut cookie a try today.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 sticks butter, cold
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup Patriotic M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put two cookie sheets into the fridge to chill. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Add sugar and beat 2 minutes until fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract and mix well. Add flour 1 cup at a time and keep mixing until it forms a dough.
- Fill cookie press with dough and press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden around the bottom outside edges.
- Remove from oven and press a patriotic M&M into the center of each cookie. It’s important to complete this last step quickly or the cookie will harden and will crack when the M&M is pressed down!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g