One of the things I love about this time of year is the Abundance of Peaches so I decided to make my favorite Peach Pie Filling Recipe.
Originally I was going to freeze these after I made the filling but after smelling them cooking I couldn’t wait so I decided to go ahead and bake the entire pie! We have a lot of stands around our house selling local Arkansas Peaches which means great prices on Peaches. If you have an abundance this filling recipe is a great to pre-cook then freeze just the filling. Then you have an easy to put together pie any time you want it during the winter months!
- 8-10 Peaches Sliced and Peeled
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Slice and Peel Peaches and place in Microwave Safe Bowl
- Pour all other ingredients on top of peaches and stir well
- Microwave on High 3 Minutes
- Remove and Stir Well
- Microwave on High another 3 Minutes
- Allow Filling to Cool and strain off the liquid (Leaving the thicker Filling) Removing the liquid will help your pie not to be so runny after it bakes and gives you a nice thick filling.
- You can Freeze the filling at this point, or Add to a Pie Crust.
- If making a pie, pour into the pie crust and bake at 350 for 1 Hour or until Crust is Golden Brown
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g
I also used my Easy Pie Crust Recipe with this Peach Pie Filling, I use this pie crust recipe for just about everything. You can do a Top and Bottom Crust for a Pie, or just a top crust if you want a Peach Cobbler.
This can also be frozen so you can have both items in your freezer ready to go, then you just have to set them out to thaw, assemble and bake! This would be a great recipe for getting ready for the Holidays ahead of time!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!