These are the best Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies that is topped with a delicious and cream cream frosting. This is a homemade sugar cookie recipe that has a twist of pumpkin spice flavor in each buttery soft cookie! A no chill sugar cookie recipe to try out!
If you are a sugar cookie lover, you will truly swoon over this recipe. It is loaded with warm spices that work together perfectly. Essentially you could shape your cookies to fit any cookie cutter shape you want.
Why People Love These Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Soft tender sugar cookies
- Frosted with a homemade cream cheese frosting
- Easy to Make
- Cut into any shape
- No Chilling Cookie Dough
- Decorate as you would like
Helpful Kitchen Tools To Have
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoon
- Cookie Cutter
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat (makes nonstick surface)
How to Make Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Refrigerate your baking sheet and preheat the oven as directed in the printable recipe card.
Cream the butter and sugar together, this is an important step. Once it is creamed add in your eggs and your vanilla.
Then work on the next steps of adding in your dry ingredients.
Once your dough is done, you will roll out on a floured surface.
Place cookies on a cold baking sheet and bake as directed. Once the cookies are done allow to cool fully.
Then mix up the frosting and frost cookies, add sprinkles or decorate as you would like.
Can I Use Royal Icing Instead?
Here in my royal icing recipe I use when I do sugar cookies. We are the type that loves to do both a soft frosting and royal icing. So depending on the design we want we bounce back and forth.
Refrigerate – Any cookies you are going to eat, store in the fridge. The cream cheese in the frosting needs to be refrigerated or it will spoil at room temperature.
Freezing – You can freeze any cookies you don’t eat right away. Store in a freezer bag with air removed or container. The cookies will store 3-4 months.
Can I Double The Cookie Recipe?
You are welcome to make extra cookies if you need. Just batch cook the cookies, and then frost once they are fully cool. Then enjoy with your friends, family, or take to your next potluck or bake sale.
More Fall Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies are a pumpkin spice flavored sugar cookie that is then topped with a cream cheese frosting. A simple and easy fall dessert. This is a no chill sugar cookie recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- Autumn Sprinkles (optional)
- Cream together 1 cup softened Butter and 1 Cup Sugar with a Hand Mixer.
- Slowly add in Egg and Vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, Cornstarch, Pumpkin Spice, Salt, and Baking Powder and mix until dough is thick
- Knead the Dough on a Floured Surface until well mixed
- Roll out the dough until it’s about ¼” Thick and cut into shapes
- Place on a Parchment Lined Baking Sheet that has been Refrigerated
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 8-9 Minutes
- Allow cooling on the Cookie Sheet before removing.
- In a small bowl beat together 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Cream Cheese, Vanilla, and Powdered Sugar
- Ice cookies with frosting and add autumn sprinkles, if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g