This Roasted Buffalo Pumpkin Seeds Recipe combines the crunchiness of the roasted seeds and the heat of your favorite hot wing sauce. Whip up a batch for a snack on the go or to serve with a game day spread!
Pumpkins are a fall staple that can be used in a variety of ways. Whether you’re planning on doing some baking or helping your little ones clean out a couple of pumpkins for carving, do you yourself a favor and hold on to all those seeds. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and are delicious when roasted.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hot wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter
- 1 gallon-sized zip-lock bag
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- If your seeds are freshly removed from the inside of a pumpkin, you’ll want to rinse them thoroughly and pat dry.
- Pour the wing sauce and melted butter into a zip-lock bag along with the pumpkin seeds.
- Secure the bag closed and manipulate it to ensure the seeds are coated with the sauce.**
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to allow the seeds to marinate.
- Spread them evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and stir the seeds.
- Return them to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
**Note, this ratio results in medium heat flavor. To turn up the amount of heat, use less butter and more wing sauce. Seeds should be coated, but not dripping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!