Pumpkins are a fall staple that can be used in a variety of ways. Whether you’re planning on doing some baking or helping your little ones clean out a couple of pumpkins for carving, do you yourself a favor and hold on to all those seeds. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and are delicious roasted. This Roasted Buffalo Pumpkin Seeds Recipe combines the crunchiness of the roasted seeds and the heat of your favorite hot wing sauce. Whip up a batch for a snack on the go or to serve with a game day spread!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hot wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter
- 1 gallon sized zip-lock bag
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- If your seeds are freshly removed from the inside of a pumpkin, you’ll want to rinse them thoroughly and pat dry.
- Pour the wing sauce and melted butter into the zip-lock bag along with the pumpkin seeds.
- Secure the bag closed and manipulate it to ensure the seeds are coated with the sauce.
- *Note, this ratio results in medium heat flavor. To turn up the amount of heat, use less butter and more wing sauce. Seeds should be coated, but not dripping.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to allow the seeds to marinate.
- Spread them evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and stir the seeds.
- Return them to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!