These Strawberry Lemon Bars have such incredible flavor! With real lemon zest and bunches of chopped strawberries folded right into the batter and the glaze, they’re perfect to bake for special occasions like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or any spring party, for that matter! The strawberries look so pretty!
H0w to Make Strawberry Lemon Bars
I love that these bars taste so delicious, yet are so easy to make, too! The ingredients are very simple and you probably have most of them in your pantry.
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemon Bars
- Salted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest – I have used this lemon zester for years and it has held up really well!
- Baking soda
- Fresh strawberries, diced
- Powdered Sugar
- Strawberries, chopped
- Lemon juice
Instructions for Lemon Bars
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. (The parchment paper will make it so easy to lift the Strawberry Lemon Bars out of the pan to cut them!) Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Next, beat in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Using a separate bowl whisk the flour and baking soda. After that, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Lastly, gently fold in the diced strawberries with a spatula.
Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the bars begin to pull away from the side of the pan and just start turning golden. Place a toothpick into the center to see if the bars are done. Do not overbake!
Let cool completely on the counter before mixing together the glaze.
Instructions for Glaze
Whisk together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries. Smooth onto the blondies and allow the glaze to harden before cutting and serving. This recipe is so delicious, I know you’ll just love it!
Why are my lemon bars bitter?
When you are zesting the lemon, be sure to only grate the yellow part of the rind. When you keep grating in to the white part, which is very bitter, the lemon bars could take on a taste that is too bitter!
More Dessert Bar Recipe Ideas
- Pumpkin Bars with Brown Sugar Frosting
- Oreo Magic Bars – With Cookies and Cream Hershey Bars
- Reese’s Cake Mix Cookie Bars – Only five ingredients!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest optional
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberries chopped (NOT pureed)
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking soda. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula carefully fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 40-45 minutes. Place a toothpick into the center to see if the bars are done. Place onto the counter to cool before adding glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries. Smooth onto the blondies and allow the glaze to harden before slicing and serving!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g