Make up a breakfast pizza to dress up breakfast in your home today. A golden crust topped with breakfast sausage, eggs, cheese, and baked to cheesy perfection. Slice and serve up a pizza that is going to satisfy the whole family!
Breakfast is one of our favorites. For that, I have a few more recipes you might want to check out. Give this breakfast sandwich a try, low carb breakfast casseroles, or meal prep with these fruit and yogurt cups.
I created a sausage pizza with eggs and cheese. You are more than welcome to swap the meat out with bacon, Canadian bacon, or even do a mix of meat. If you want a meatless pizza go right ahead and do that.
This sliceable pizza is recipe kids and adults will be reaching for one more slice.
Is breakfast pizza a Midwest thing?
Breakfast pizza came about at an Iowa gas station – Casey’s Store. This is where you can get gas, snacks, and even lunch and breakfast items. If you have ever tried one of their breakfast pizzas, you will fall in love instantly.
Their pizza is legit heavenly. So, enjoy this homemade pizza that is similar to the famous one they serve up every day.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- Start by laying out your pizza dough, then brush with olive oil lightly.
- In a pan, you will scramble your eggs, and cook your sausage till crumbled.
- Begin assembling your pizza, and top with cheese and bake.
The full directions for this and measurements are in the recipe card below.
Variations To Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Make meatless and leave the sausage out.
- Replace sausage with cooked bacon, Canadian bacon, or other meat.
- Load on a handful of meats for a meaty breakfast pizza.
- Make white gravy to dip the pizza on the side. It is a fun twist to say a biscuit and gravy.
- Change up the cheese you use. You could do part sharp and part mozzarella. Or reach for a Monterey jack. Have fun seeing what cheese blend you all enjoy the most.
- Leave off or add on different vegetables to add flavor to your breakfast recipe.
If you don’t plan to eat your pizza all at once store the leftovers in the fridge for a few days. Then just heat in the microwave or even a skillet on low heat. This pizza reheats really nicely.
Or if you don’t plan to eat it all right away, freeze what you don’t plan to eat. Just store in a freezer approved container and freeze for up to three months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight or put in the microwave frozen and just heat it longer.
- • Store-bought pizza dough
- • 2 cups (16 oz bag) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- • Olive Oil
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- • ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- • Basil, parsley, green onions, chives, or other herbs for garnish
- • Other toppings **see notes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Lightly spray pizza pan or baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Form pizza dough into pan using your hands
- Brush dough with olive oil
- Add eggs to a bowl and whisk, cook in a skillet on the stove
- Cut red bell pepper, set aside
- Cook and drain sausage
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese
- Evenly add scrambled eggs, Add sausage and diced pepper then Add more cheese
- Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 15-20 or until golden brown and cheese
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g