Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a popular side dish for summer cookouts, weeknight dinners, or even potlucks. Loaded with fresh broccoli, cauliflower, red onions, cranberries, in a homemade mayo-based dressing. Sweet and savory in every bite of this broccoli salad.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Whip up this broccoli cauliflower salad recipe. This is such a great recipe and I love the homemade dressing on it. Such a quick and simple recipe to try out.
How To Make
Step 1: The first thing you want to do is prep your veggies, and measure out ingredients for the creamy sauce. All the ingredients and measurements are in the recipe card below.
Step 2: Add in your chopped cauliflower, broccoli, and other ingredients in a bowl. Then in a small bowl, you will want to mix up your ingredients for you mayo-based sauce.
Step 3: Use a wooden spoon and mix until the sauce is completely blended with the veggies and cheese. Then you can cover and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve up this cold vegetable salad.
What To Serve With Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Essentially from pork to chicken and all things in between work with this salad. You will find it pairs with almost any main dish. I will give you some recipe ideas for you below to try out!
- BBQ Flat Iron Steak | Learn how to make the best steak ever. Skip the restaurant and make a flat iron steak at home that will blow your mind on tenderness and flavor.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork | Whip up some pulled pork sandwiches to pair with this cold salad. I love the pairing of the two, and this could even be fun to top your meat with.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu | A chicken cordon bleu that has a breaded crust, cheese, and of course ham and chicken. Loads of flavor in an easy weeknight dinner idea.
How Long Can You Store This Salad
You are more than welcome to store this salad for 4-5 days in the fridge. The vegetables will become soft after a few days, so it is best to eat this salad first. It does taste great if you can make the night before you plan to serve to allow the flavors to really marinate as it sits.
Variations to Recipe
- Do just broccoli and leave out the cauliflower or vise versa
- Reach for raisins instead of cranberries
- Leave the onions out if you are not a fan
- Swap out cheese with a different cheese blend
- Leave out the bacon if you want a meatless dish
- 3 cups raw broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 cups raw cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, shredded cheese, and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli mixture and stir together until well combined. For best results, chill one hour before serving.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 9g