Chicken Cordon Bleu is an easy weeknight dinner idea. Breaded chicken breast, deli ham, Swiss cheese, all cooked to perfection. This chicken cordon bleu recipe will taste better than ordering takeout from your favorite recipe!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic dish that you use breaded chicken that is wrapped in meat and topped with cheese. You will find recipes for a pan-fried, deep-fried, or even baked in the oven.
Most of the time chicken is used, but at times you will find recipes call for veal.
How Do You Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
You will start by seasoning your pepper with salt and pepper. Then in a small bowl add your breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix it up.
Once you have it mixed up, coat your chicken, and gently press down to make sure it sticks to your meat.
Then in a large pan heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add your chicken cutlets, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
Once all the chicken is done you will then return chicken to pan and top with ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
Pour your broth over the top of the chicken and place the lid on and cook till the cheese has melted. Then you are ready to serve up one incredible chicken dinner recipe!
What To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Side Salad
You are welcome to serve with your chicken. This is a great dish and very versatile on what you choose to pair with it.
Storing Leftover Cordon Bleu
You will want to store your cordon bleu in the fridge. It will store for around 3 days in the fridge. I recommend using your best judgment. It is best when served warm and fresh, but it does reheat pretty well.
Does Cordon Bleu Freeze Well
You are more than welcome to freeze your cordon bleu recipe. Just tightly wrap your chicken in aluminum foil, and then place in a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer.
Looking For More Easy Meals For Weeknights
- Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers | Here is a great recipe that uses stuffed peppers as the base. Loads of beef, cheese, onions and more.
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon | Check out this seafood recipe. If you are a fan of salmon you will enjoy how easy this is on prep and cooking.
- Ground Beef Oven Nachos | Here is an oven recipe that will feed your family and leave them feeling satisfied. Give this recipe a whirl for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 6 Small Chicken Cutlets or Breast Filets 1.5-2 lbs - Large Breasts Can be Cut in Half
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Deli Ham
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup White Wine (Can substitute chicken broth if desired.)
- Additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley can be used to garnish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Panko breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium-high
- Add the cutlets (working in batches of 3-4 pieces of chicken if necessary to avoid crowding) and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and
cooked through. (Be sure to wipe the skillet clean before repeating
with remaining chicken pieces.)
- Return the chicken pieces to the skillet. Top each piece of chicken with a slice
of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Gently pour the chicken broth over the top of the chicken and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 626Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 806mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g