Southwest Bacon Chicken Wraps are a quick and easy lunch or dinner that will satisfy. Grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, crispy bacon, sour cream, and more.
This southwest chicken wrap is one that we will be making a lot. I whipped these up the other day for my kids and I and we headed outside for a picnic. It is so easy to make and full of flavor. Paired with some tortilla chips and fresh vegetables.
Southwest Bacon Chicken Wraps
If you are looking for an easy chicken wrap, these southwest wraps are gonna fit right in. Whip these up for a picnic, lunch, meal prepping for work or school, and more.
Best Chicken To Use
I bought grilled chicken that is pre-cooked. This makes these wraps crazy quick to whip up. Feel free to use any diced or shredded cooked chicken you have.
You could even use rotisserie chicken to shred up and toss in your wraps. If you don’t have pre-cooked chicken on hand, then cook up some chicken tenderloins or breasts and then dice it up.
Southwest Dressing For Southwest Wraps
You will mix up salsa, taco seasoning and sour cream in a bowl. This is going to be the sauce you drizzle over your wraps. It is a punch of flavor in every single bite.
If you want to kick up the heat then add a few splashes of hot sauce. Same goes for the level of heat in the salsa. You can use mild, medium or hot. We tend to do mild just since the kids eat these as well.
Looking for more easy wraps and sandwiches
- Asian Chicken Wraps | These wraps are full of tender chicken and a sweet and savory Asian dressing. Another recipe that uses pre-cooked chicken for a crazy simple prep.
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps | You use crisp lettuce as the wrap part to these popular copycat lettuce wraps. A super tasty weeknight meal that you can make in no time.
- BLT Rollups | Here you have another great recipe to whip up! I make these for appetizers but also to serve up guests for lunch. You can leave them whole and eat as a wrap as well.
- California Club Wrap | Crisp lettuce, shredded chicken, avocado, and more all in one crisp and savory wrap.
What to Serve With These Wraps
- Vegetables and dip in the southwest sauce
- Chips and Salsa
- Side Salad
Eat these wraps alone or pair them with your favorite sides. We love chips with homemade salsa. But again, get creative and make with any thing you want. I have even done a watermelon salsa which was so good as well.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Grilled Chicken Strips (or pre-cooked chicken)
- 1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 4 - 6 Large Burrito Size Tortillas (8")
- 12 oz. of Salsa (or your favorite dip!)
- 1 Cup Lettuce
- 1 Large Tomato, Seeded & Diced
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Slices of Bacon, Cooked & Chopped
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- Heat Chicken Strips in a Skillet for 3-5 minutes, until warmed .
- Cook Bacon according to package directions and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine Salsa, Sour Cream and Taco Seasoning to make the dressing.
- Place Tortillas on a Large Plate and fill with Chicken, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado & Dressing.
- Fold in the Ends of the wrap and then Roll to create a burrito.
- Cut in half and serve while chicken is still warm!
- Serve with Chips and your favorite Salsa or Dip!