Apple Pecan Chicken Salad is a quick and easy cold chicken salad that is loaded with sweet grapes and crunchy pecans in every bite. The perfect way to use up leftover chicken in a homemade chicken salad recipe.
Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
I love buying rotisserie chickens and then chopping the chicken up for this easy chicken salad. Or if I meal prep a bunch of chicken breast, dice some up and have an incredible salad for lunch or even dinner.
What Do You Need To Make Chicken Salad
- Cooked Chicken
How To Make Chicken Salad
Step 1: Start by dicing up your cooked chicken and place it in a bowl. Then you will dice up grapes, apple, celery, toss in pecans, and set it aside.
Step 2: Now you will work on the dressing for the salad. In a small bowl add in your mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Whisk till creamy. Feel free to taste and add more salt or pepper, or lemon juice to adjust flavor.
Step 3: Mix your salad together and then serve up on lettuce wraps, croissants, bread, or whatever you want to serve up your salad with.
Storing Leftover Salad
You will want to store your salad in the fridge. Before serving just give it a toss to help incorporate. If you find the sauce gets soaked up too much you can always add in some extra mayonnaise and stir it around.
Variations to Chicken Salad
- Swap red grapes with green grapes
- Toss in some sliced celery for crunch
- Use almonds or walnuts in replace of pecan
- Use Granny Smith apples in replace of red apples
There are a handful of ways you can adjust the recipe to fit what you want. This is such an easy recipe and creates a salad with what you have or prefer to eat.
Can You Freeze Chicken Salad
Chicken salad does not freeze well. Since it is mayo-based and full of fresh fruit, you will find it separates and sogs up once it thaws after being frozen.
I suggest only making what you plan to eat.
Looking for more Simple Lunch Recipes
- Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers | Skip the carbs and make stuffed peppers with a cheesesteak twist. Delicious, refreshing, and full of crave-worthy flavor.
- BLT Wraps | Here is a quick and easy wrap you can make for lunch today. Bacon, lettuce, tomato, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla.
- Flatbread Pizza | This pizza takes just 20 minutes to make. Talk about an easy way to enjoy pizza. Tons of flavor, add any of your favorite toppings, and baked to perfection.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup red apple, diced, optional
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half or quartered
- 2 celery ribs (1 cup), chopped
- 1 cup pecans, walnuts or almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken and add to a large bowl.
- Cut grapes, apple, celery, and pecans, add to the bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Serve on bread or croissants with lettuce, or whatever you prefer
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 722Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 761mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g