Stuffed Peppers are the ultimate dinner idea. Bell peppers stuffed with steak, onions, mushrooms, and a tomato-based sauce. Top these easy stuffed peppers with cheese and bake in the oven. The ultimate beef dinner recipe. Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are a must make.
Stuffed peppers are always popular in our home. I love a rice-filled stuffed pepper, but sometimes we crave a change. That is where these steak stuffed peppers came in to play. Tons of flavor, easy, and a totally different flavor combination.
Lower Carb Dinner Option
When you want cheesesteak but not the carbs, reach for these stuffed peppers! You skip the bread and get the crunch and satisfaction from your bell peppers.
What Is The Best Steak To Use
Any lean steak will work on this recipe. You can use flank steak, New York strip, etc. Just make sure if you have a fattier cut of meat to trim off the fat on the steak.
You can also buy pre-cut beef if you would like. You can also ask the butcher to shave it for you if you would like. Just make sure to do thin, so that it doesn’t give you a chewy texture.
How Do You Make Stuffed Peppers
Step 1: Start by cutting off the top of your and remove all the seeds and membrane from your peppers. Make sure to do a quick rinse and let your peppers drip off excess water. Add 1/4 cup water in the bottom of your baking pan. And place your peppers in the pan.
Microwave peppers for 5 minutes to help soften them up. Remove any water leftover in the pan.
Step 2: In a skillet warm your butter, steak, and mushrooms in the pan. Cook until it is cooked, then add in your tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is nice and warm.
Step 3: Now add your meat mixture into your peppers. Make sure to fill mostly full leaving a little room of the top for the cheese.
Step 4: Top with your cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until you get that golden brown cheese on top. Once done allow your peppers to cool slightly and then serve your peppers up!
What To Serve With Your Stuffed Peppers
Feel free to pair with salad, steamed veggies, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or any other side dish you want. This can be a meal in one if you prefer.
Looking For More Steak Recipes
- 1 lb. Lean Steak Meat, Thinly Sliced
- 5 Bell Peppers with Tops Cut Off
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Small Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
- 8 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Cut off the Tops of your Peppers and remove the seeds and ribs
- Arrange Bell Peppers in a Microwave SafeBaking Dish with 1/4 Cup Water in the Bottom
- Microwave the Peppers for 5 Minutes, Drain the Water and Return Peppers to the Baking Dish
- In a Large Skillet - Heat Butter and Grill Steak, Onions and Mushrooms until cooked
- Add in Crushed tomato and Worchestershire Sauce, Cook for 2-3 more minutes
- Scoop mixture into the Peppers and Top with Italian Blend Cheese
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 15-20 Minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g