Italian Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect go-to lunch, dinner, or even potluck dish. This chicken pasta salad is loaded with flavor, crisp veggies, and a delicious Italian sauce.
Grab that fork and dive into an easy and quick dinner that literally takes no time to whip up. This is one of our go-to recipes for summer and best of all it is budget-friendly!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad
If you are like me, cooking on hot summer days is a no-go. I don’t want an elaborate meal that heats our home up cause I had the oven on all day.
So reaching for recipes like this one are right up my alley. Quick to whip up, loaded with nutrients, starch, and a protein. Serve up to the kids and family and feel happy with your mealtime choice.
Looking for More Summer Friendly Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Avocado Pasta Salad
What Is In This Pasta Salad Recipe
Here are the ingredients for this
- Diced Chicken
- Cheese (Cubes and Shredded Parmesan)
How To Make Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to your box. The last 2 minutes of cooking toss in your raw broccoli to help tenderize it a bit.
- Prep all your vegetables while the pasta is cooking. Chop up your cooked chicken as well.
- Toss in a bowl. Add in dressing and cheese then toss in cooked pasta and broccoli. Mix and then serve.
Cold Pasta Salad Is An Easy Meal Prep Recipe
If you love to meal prep then try this cold pasta salad. Make for lunches or even dinners for the week. You can place in airtight containers that are single-serve for easy grab and go when packing up lunches! This is a great way to spend a little time prepping for lunches for the week.
- 1 (14 ounce) package Farfalle (Bowtie) pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese (cubed)
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook bowtie pasta on the stove in the pot as directed on package, adding broccoli to the cooking water for the last 2 minutes; drain.
- In a separate large salad bowl, toss chicken pieces, tomatoes, pepper, cheese, olives together and add the desired amount of dressing.
- First, try adding half the bottle and add more according to your taste and the texture you prefer.
- Add pasta and broccoli, and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g