Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad is a light and refreshing lunch or dinner option. If you are looking for a refreshing summer salad give this chicken bacon salad a try with a homemade salad dressing.
Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
This recipe is light, easy, and quick to whip up. I made up a homemade dressing with lemon, lime, oil, honey to give you a very light but refreshing citrus feel. It pairs perfectly with the fresh avocado and chicken.
Want More Salad Recipe Ideas
How Hard Is It To Make Homemade Dressing
This dressing is crazy easy. All you have to do is toss into a mason jar or a bowl with a whisk. Toss ingredients in it and then stir until well incorporated!
Now if you don’t want to make a homemade dressing feel free to buy your favorite flavor of the dressing. Any will work so feel free to make this homemade dressing.
What Chicken To Use In Salad Recipe
You can use any type of shredded or chopped chicken. If you have a rotisserie chicken you can shred it and then use for the salad. This is a wonderful way to prep chicken ahead of time and has it in the freezer. Then just pull out your thawed or chopped chicken and then toss together for your salad.
I love creating meals like this where you can literally throw it together in minutes if you have pre-cooked chicken on hand you bought or prepped earlier.
Variations To Salad
- Ingredients | Feel free to change up the vegetables you add into the salad. Consider adding fresh slices of onions, peppers, etc.
- Lettuce | Change up the type of lettuce you use. Reach for spinach leaves, iceberg, or get creative and mix the lettuce varieties together for a fun look and texture.
- Dressing | Play around with dressings and find one that you like the best. This homemade dressing is one of our family’s favorites. We enjoy the citrus with a hint of sweetness.
Why Does My Lettuce Wilt So Fast Or Discolor
I use a knife that is meat for lettuce. You will find if you use a stainless steel knife to cut your lettuce it will brown your lettuce a whole lot faster. You can buy a lettuce knife that is meat to slice lettuce without browning or wilting it.
We also use a lettuce spinner to wash my lettuce. It is great and if you make salads a lot you might want to buy one of these. They are pretty awesome to have and my kids love to help whip the greens in it.
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Dressing Instructions: Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Salad Instructions: Add all your ingredients in a bowl, with pre-cooked chicken. Drizzle with dressing and serve up your chicken bacon avocado salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g