This Cherry Dump Cake is the ultimate dump cake recipe. Cherry and pineapple collide in this incredible simple dump cake recipe. Just toss ingredients into your pan and bake!
Cherry Dump Cake
What is so easy about this recipe is you use canned pie filling and crushed pineapple. This is a dessert you can literally throw together in minutes and have baking. Serve with some whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What Is The Best Cake Mix To Use
White or yellow boxed cake will work for this recipe. You can use whatever you have tucked into your pantry. I tend to reach for white, but that is our preference over yellow.
How To Make This Cherry Dump Cake
Step 1: Start by pouring your cherry and pineapple into your 9×13 pan. Once you get it poured in use a spoon to mix up the mixture until the cherry and pineapple are well mixed.
Step 2: Now you will sprinkle your cake mix over the mixture, followed by pouring melted butter over the top of the cake.
Step 3: Add on the chopped nuts and bake as directed in the printable recipe card below. Once the cake is done, dish up and serve with a scoop of ice cream or even whipped cream.
Can I Double This Cake Recipe
Absolutely! Just prep two pans and bake them as directed. Or if you have a larger pan you can put both in on pan. You might just need to adjust the cooking time as it could take longer to bake.
We have done extra in the past when we are serving a ton of family and friends. It is a great recipe to also toss together for unexpected guests. Your home will smell amazing as they come in and you entertain.
How To Store
Because of the cake having fruit I recommend that you store your cake in the fridge covered. This will store for up to 4 days in the fridge. You can eat cold or warm it up in the microwave for a quick reheat for fresh out of the oven taste.
- ● 2 cans (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- ● 2 cans (15 oz) crushed pineapple, not drained
- ● 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow or white cake mix
- ● ¾ - 1 cup (1 ½ - 2 sticks) butter
- ● ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly spray 13x9 baking dish
- Dump cherry pie filling into baking dish
- Add pineapple and stir together
- Sprinkle cake mix over fruit
- Drizzle over cake mix until most all of the cake is covered
- Sprinkle with nuts
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45- 50 min or until fruit is bubbling and cake is brown
- Remove from oven to cooling rack
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream or whipping cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g