Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers are a no-bake Christmas treat that kids and adults can enjoy. Chocolate dipped graham crackers are a classic in our home, and they can be so fun to decorate.
Whip up easy but delicious Christmas desserts the whole family can have fun making together. Here are more Christmas recipes to consider, reindeer donuts, Christmas white trash candy, or Christmas morning cake.
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
For entertaining during the holidays, coming up with fun and delicious recipe for the kids to help with, and bringing dishes to neighbors, this no-bake graham cracker dessert is awesome.
I recently made a batch for a church gathering. Everyone nibbled away. Colorful, easy, and such a sweet dessert that screams holiday fun.
What Is The Best Chocolate To Use For Making Dipped Graham Crackers
Candy melts or almond bark are both great chocolates to reach for. They dip beautifully and then offer a hardened texture rather fast. If you want to use classic chocolate chips I recommend adding a teaspoon of shortening in to stir around to help the chocolate harden.
Otherwise, you can find your chocolate stays soft and will melt rather fast when you pick it up, making your hands kind of messy. With candy melts, it stays firmer since it has the shortening in it.
Can I Use White Chocolate
Absolutely! Go right ahead and use white chocolate to dip or reach for milk or semi-sweet. All the chocolates will work to use, and taste amazing. Or do a mix of all the flavors if you variety and a mix of look for the covered graham crackers.
- Make sure to shake off excess chocolate when you dip the graham crackers don’t look clumpy
- You can buy dipping tools to help with dipping in chocolate or use a fork.
- Use parchment paper to lay out dipped graham crackers as they harden.
- Add sprinkles on right away as the chocolate melts fast.
- Decorate any way you want for a theme you are going for.
You are more than welcome to make these graham cracker treats in advance. You can make them 1-2 days ahead of when you plan to serve. Once the chocolate has hardened you can store the grahams in a sealable bag or airtight container. If you plan to stack just lay some wax paper in between layers to prevent them from sticking.
Store at room temperature or if the house is too warm you can refrigerate them to prevent the chocolate from melting down.
Double The Recipe
If you plan to serve a large amount go ahead and double, triple, etc the recipe. Just make sure to add the sprinkles on as you go as the chocolate hardens fast.
I love that you can make just 4-5 or 50 of these chocolate covered graham crackers. Such a versatile and simple dessert you can make work for you.
More Ways To Get Excited For Christmas
- 15 Christmas Fudge Recipes
- 2020 Hallmark Movie Series
- How To Earn Extra Spending Money For Christmas
- Bath and Body Works Christmas Gifts
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Almond Bark (Or chocolate Chips)
- red and green candy melts to decorate with (if desired)
- sprinkles (if desired)
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
- Dip graham crackers in chocolate let harden on wax paper.
- If desired, drizzle melted candy melts on top and add sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g