This Candy Christmas Tree is SUCH a cute and festive idea for the holiday season! My kids love making these and picking out the different colors of sequins to decorate the trees with. I love this project because it’s so simple, but everyone always loves them so much!! These Chocolate Candy Christmas Trees are very quick to make, but I have a couple tips and tricks below that will really help you when you try it!
How to Make a Candy Christmas Tree
Even though this is simple, I still have step by step directions for you below, because I know some people prefer that! You only need a few supplies:
Candy Christmas Tree Supplies
- Rolos Chocolate Caramel Candy
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy
- Hershey isses
- Gold Star Stickers
- Hot Glue
First, sort out your candy. You’ll need to separate all of the green Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, green Hershey Kisses, and gold Rolos from the holiday candy packages.
Next, plug in your hot glue gun and glue together the Rolo on the bottom, with two Reese’s cups on top of that, followed by a Hershey kiss on the very top! Make sure the Rolo is upwards facing and the Reese’s cups are flipped upside down. Then, the Hershey kiss on top is right-side up, of course. This makes the Christmas tree shape! Stick a gold star foam sticker on top of your Candy Christmas tree.
Next, glue on the sequins. It was easiest for me to add a small dot of glue onto the chocolate and then place the sequin on the glue. However, you can try whichever way you prefer! Now, your Candy Christmas Tree is finished!! So sweet and festive, don’t you think? Let me know if you try making your own!
More Fun and Festive Christmas Ideas for Kids
- Christmas Gift Scavenger Hunt – This has a free printable!!
- Christmas Wish Ornament – This is our family’s new favorite tradition!
- Scrapbook Paper Christmas Tree Craft – Another fun holiday tree idea for kids!!
Christmas Candy Tree
This Christmas Candy Tree is SUCH a fun activity for kids or even a cute gift idea for your friends and loved ones!
- 2 Green Holiday Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Gold Rolo Chocolate Caramel Candy Piece
- 1 Green Holiday Hershey Kiss
- 1 Gold Star Foam Sticker
- Hot Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Heat up the hot glue gun. Flip a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup upside down and glue it on top of a Rolo that is right-side up.
- Glue another upside down Reese's Cup on top of the first.
- Lastly, glue a Hershey Kiss on top of the second Reese's Cup.
- Stick a Gold Star Sticker on top of the Hershey Kiss and glue the sequins onto the tree.
These supplies create one Christmas Candy Tree. So, multiply the candies in the supply list for how many trees you'd like to make.