Christmas Chocolate Covered Apple Slices are a fun and festive chocolate covered apple. This is a fun way to serve dipped apples for the whole family to enjoy. Add on some festive sprinkles and colored chocolate and you have a simple and quick Christmas dessert.
I am a sucker for chocolate covered apples! This apple slices makes it a fun and creative way to eat an apple. Share the love and sweetness, and dive in!
Christmas Chocolate Covered Apple Slices Is…
- 3-4 Ingredients Needed (if you use sprinkles it counts as 4)
- Gluten Free
- Easier to Make than whole apples
- Shareable dessert
- No Bake Dessert
- Festive For Christmas
- Kid Friendly
What You Need
Apples – Feel free to use any variety of apples. Gala, Honey crisp, Green Apples, etc. I recommend reaching for the apple that you enjoy. Green will be tart where a Honeycrisp is going to be sweeter.
Chocolate – I used chocolate and then candy melts for the different colors I drizzled over the top. You will find that you can be as creative as you want here.
Sticks – I used sticks for poking into the apples to act like a lollipop. If you don’t want to make lollipops you can skip the sticks.
Sprinkles – Grab your favorite colored sprinkles for Christmas to elevate the look and feel of your apple slices!
Variations To Dipped Apples
- Change up the color of sprinkles you use.
- Swap milk or semi sweet chocolate with white chocolate.
- Add some caramel to the apple before you dip in chocolate.
- Decorate to fit a birthday theme or a different holiday
- Add different toppings like crushed Oreos, mini M&M’s, etc.
How to Make Christmas Chocolate Covered Apples
Full directions for this are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Start by slicing your apples. Create even slices of apples.
Then you will work on melting your base chocolate. Add sticks to apples and then dip in the chocolate.
Add on drizzles of other colors of chocolate and sprinkles or decorate as you would like.
Don’t Want As Much Chocolate?
If you are not wanting all the chocolate, drizzle on chocolate instead of dipping. Just know the apples will begin to brown a bit without being covered. You can soak the apples in a lemon-lime soda first to help preserve them.
How Long Will They Last?
Since the apples are sliced and not whole they need to be refrigerated. The apple slices will store for 2 days. You will find they are best eaten fresh. As they sit in the fridge the apples will release juices and start to sog up a bit. We tend to eat within the first day of making them.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These apples will not freeze and thaw very well.
Want More Easy Christmas Recipes
- 5 Minute Snack Mix
- Decorating Christmas Cookies Party Idea
- Hot Chocolate Desserts
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Apples (Large)
- Chocolate Chips (or chocolate candy melts)
- Red, White and/or Green Candy Melts
- Wilton Sticks
- Toppings (Like sprinkles, Mini M&M's, coconut flakes, or crushed peanuts)
- Wash and dry the apples. Insert the stick into the center of the bottom of the apple.
- With a sharp, long knife, cut around the stick to create an apple slice. It's much easier to insert the stick first and then cut than the other way around! Next, insert another stick into each side of the remaining apple slices.
- Cut them to shape to make a slice. You should have two small leftover pieces of apple on each side and each apple will make three apple slices.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each session.
- Dip the apple slices in the chocolate and decorate immediately with drizzled melted candy melts, sprinkles, mini M&Ms or whatever toppings you'd like.
- The chocolate will dry quickly on the apple, so you'll have to decorate fast! Let harden on wax paper before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g